Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Holy Mother By Swami Nikhilananda: 249 01-October-2016

01-10-2016 Saturday
Holy Mother By Swami Nikhilananda: 249

Chapter 11 – Radhu : 080

‘A few days before, a devotee from Bangalore had spent some time with Holy Mother at Koalpara. He gave her some money for Radhu’s expenses, and as he was leaving Koalpara said: “Mother, whenever you need money, please let me know without the slightest hesitation.” At Jayrambati her expenses increased a great deal. Swami Saradananda had written to her that since he had to procure money from here and there, he found it difficult to send her monthly expenses regularly. Holy Mother said to a disciple: “I think Sarat does not have much money to spare, or he would not have written that way. The other day the devotee from Bangalore promised to send me money. But how can I write to him about it? Shall I not fulfil the Master’s last injunction about not begging money from others?” To Radhu she said: “Look here, Radhu, I am going to lose everything for your sake! The Master asked me not to stretch my hand to anybody even for a pice. He assured me that I shall never lack simple food and clothing. He admonished me that, if I begged even a pice from any person, I would sell my head to him in return.”’

-------
Holy Mother - Being the Life of Sri Sarada Devi Wife of Sri Ramakrishna And Helpmate in his Mission By Swami Nikhilananda p: 153 – 154