Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Holy Mother By Swami Nikhilananda: 252 04-October-2016

04-10-2016 Tuesday
Holy Mother By Swami Nikhilananda: 252

Chapter 11 – Radhu : 083

One day Holy Mother was in a state of despair. She said to a disciple: ‘I do not remember having committed a single sin since my very birth. I touched the Master at the age of five. I may not have understood him at that time, but he undoubtedly touched me. Why should I suffer so much? By touching him all others have been freed from maya; why should I alone have so much entanglement? Day and night my mind wants to soar high. I force it down out of compassion for people. And yet I am so tormented!’ The disciple said: ‘Let people do whatever they like. Please bear with is all. A person cannot be angry so long as he is conscious of himself.’ ‘You are right, my child,’ replied the Mother. ‘There is no greater virtue than forbearance. This is a body of flesh and blood. Sometimes I say something in a fit of anger.’ As Radhu’s conduct became increasingly outrageous, Holy Mother became more indifferent to her. Dispassion began to take the place of her apparent attachment.

-------
Holy Mother - Being the Life of Sri Sarada Devi Wife of Sri Ramakrishna And Helpmate in his Mission By Swami Nikhilananda p: 155