Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Holy Mother By Swami Nikhilananda: 274 24-November-2016

24-11-2016 Thursday
Holy Mother By Swami Nikhilananda: 274

Chapter 12 – Spiritual Ministry : 017

A monastic disciple, out of pique because he felt he was not making any spiritual progress, did not visit Holy Mother for two or three years, although he lived within a few blocks of the Udbodhan. Finally he wrote a long letter to her and requested her take back the mantra with which she had initiated him. The Mother sent for him. When he came she said: ‘Look here, my child, the sun dwells high in the sky and water remains on the earth. Does the water have to shout at the sun and ask: ‘O sun, please take me up?” It is the very nature of the sun to take up the water in the form of vapour. Let me assure you that you will not have to practise any discipline.’

Anther disciple made a similar complaint and the Mother said to him: ‘Suppose you are asleep in Calcutta and someone is removing you with your couch to Benares. Will you at that time know that you are on your way to Benares? When you wake up you will be surprised to see where you have come.’

-------
Holy Mother - Being the Life of Sri Sarada Devi Wife of Sri Ramakrishna And Helpmate in his Mission By Swami Nikhilananda p: 169 – 170