The Trona High School Alumni Message Board

All Things THS Alumni Related !

The Trona High School Alumni Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Barbara Nelson Thames

i understand she passed away before xmas.

Oh my goodness, this totally shocked me. How can I contact her mother? What did she pass away from? She was a terrific friend of mine. This greatly saddens me.

Joy, I saw her obituary and was surprised. It did not specify her illness. I believe it did mention your name as a childhood friend.

Joy, I talked to Barbara's Mother Leona and she said she had mailed you a copy of the services. There is an orbituary posted on David Stevens Trona on the web site. Barbara will be missed by many. Her mother and I have been close friends since high school.

Her mother prob got the mail back because I did not put in a return address when I left Oklahoma after my divorce. I am temporarily at my daughters home. Please let Leona know I need her to send the mail to Joy L. Murray C/o Tanya Gardiner 73889 Two Mile Rd #A 29 Palms, Ca 92277. Please let Leona know how sad my heart/mind and soul are hearing about the loss of Barbara. It will take me along time to overcome her passing. She was a wonderful/terrific friend. We had many plans. I know she was ill and I know that even thou she was in great pain, she kept up her spirits. I'm proud of her. She fought it all the way. Thanks for your reply. Joy

Sorry, I've not been able to get access to a computer for a while. Joy

Joy, I stumbled upon this site by accident. It is nice to see that there was someone else out there that thought of and loved Barb as much as I did. She has been so greatly missed. I was wondering if you ever got the information on her passing? If not, I could get a hold of Leona and let her know you were asking for it and give her your mailing address.