Return to Website

Hagstrom - Cult Guitars - A UK based Appreciation!

Questions and Answers (hopefully) about the great Hagstrom Guitar brand.

KEEP IT RELEVANT, CLEAN AND FRIENDLY, ALSO PLEASE DON'T SIMPLY USE THE SITE TO ADVERTISE APART FROM SELLING SPECIFIC RELATED GEAR. (SADLY, OFFENDERS MAY HAVE TO BE BLOCKED) - apart from all that - Have fun!

From 2014: Due to costs of keeping this forum unlimited, in future, please use Facebook Groups such as:
Hagstrom Sweden https://www.facebook.com/groups/7752406742/?bookmark_t=group#!/groups/7752406742/
or Hagstrom Vintage Guitars https://www.facebook.com/groups/7752406742/?bookmark_t=group#!/groups/132675620130383/?bookmark_t=group

Forum: Hagstrom - Cult Swedish Guitars - A UK based Appreciation!
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Hagstom acoustic serial number

I read a request for information on Hagstrom acoustic model numbers.

I bought mine new in 1966, in New York, serial number 89171. There is no model designation on the label inside the guitar.

I have been playing it for nearly 39 years--and it still sounds great! The neck and action are like the day I bought it. The tone compares favorably with guitars selling for many times the $100 I originally paid.

I enjoyed the website.

Email  
Re: Hagstom acoustic serial number

Thanks for adding to the information on the acoustic serial dates.

If anyone can add verified Acoustic dates to this thread it would be appreciated

Cheers,
David

Email  

The serialnumber shows that the guitar was made 1965-66

Cheers
Robbi

Email  

How do you know that date Robby? I thought the Bjarton records were irretrievably lost.

My late wife's, probably 1964, is 56949, and my second best is 57096. The old one, with fan-strutted construction, unfortunately has had the serial number removed....

Email  

Hi Richard

I have started to collect serialnumbers and made a big list of information. Many guitars have certain dates and its cuite safe to date a guitar by my list. It's growing all the time and in the future the list will be, if not 100% sure, at least pretty safe.

This list is spreading in Sweden right now and many people is contacting me about information.

Cheers
Robbi

Email  

Hi Richard,

About your guitars, the date is problaby 1964, but it is most likely the sale date, not the production date. It is difficult to know for sure but somewhere around 1962-64 shold be a good guess.

Email  

I thought I had finally figured out mine was a 1967 but after reading this post I realize it cannot be- your serial number is higher than mine and you bought yours brand new in 1966. I'm not sure I will ever find out info on my guitar.....so frustrating...

Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Online Photo Albums   Free Guestbooks   Free Web Hosting   Cheap Domains