Return to Website

Hagstrom - Cult Guitars - A UK based Appreciation!

Questions and Answers (hopefully) about the great Hagstrom Guitar brand.

KEEP IT RELEVANT, CLEAN AND FRIENDLY, ALSO PLEASE DON'T SIMPLY USE THE SITE TO ADVERTISE APART FROM SELLING SPECIFIC RELATED GEAR. (SADLY, OFFENDERS MAY HAVE TO BE BLOCKED) - apart from all that - Have fun!

From 2014: Due to costs of keeping this forum unlimited, in future, please use Facebook Groups such as:
Hagstrom Sweden https://www.facebook.com/groups/7752406742/?bookmark_t=group#!/groups/7752406742/
or Hagstrom Vintage Guitars https://www.facebook.com/groups/7752406742/?bookmark_t=group#!/groups/132675620130383/?bookmark_t=group

Hagstrom - Cult Swedish Guitars - A UK based Appreciation!
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Free Forum Free Site

I feel a little awkward putting this message up, but I know the forum is soon to revert to adverts unless I subscribe again. As you know this is not a commercial site, but hopefully people enjoy and find it useful. We're coming up to 150,000 unique visitors soon and still getting over 1,000,000 hits per month in the stat reports which include repeat pages, links and other references to the site.

Without going into details I have to say it may need to be supported by a few guys out there to cover the cost for another two years as I'm not in a position to lose all the costs right now with other projects I'm investing in.

I know there may be free options out there for both the site and the forum, but this setup has proved very reliable. I don't have the time right now to update much but on the other hand it still kinda feels like my baby (albeit a fairly big one).

I tried selling parts to cover costs, but sources are so unreliable it was taking far too much time. So, sincere thanks to the few people that have supported the site previously, you know who you are. I'm not making an appeal to get rich or anything, but the odd $10 or $20 / £5 or £10 will be used to pay the ISP and Bravenet and keep the site available.

I do want to revamp the site again sometime but there is about 500mb of data and I need to plan such a project more carefully than the original proliferation - as many will appreciate :D

On the other hand you might have found secret pages around your visits covering all kinds of stuff, so maybe there is a sort of appeal the way it is!

Cheers for now folks!

Re: Free Forum Free Site

The button above doesn't seem to work - but if you do wish to help, then click the Paypal button at the bottom of most pages on the main website, or click the link picture here:

Hey David,
please post what kind of payment is easiest for you and the address we should sent it to.
My $ 20 contribution will be there soon. Hope others will follow suit.

Thanks for this nice site.

Benjamin

Hi Benjamin,

Outside UK the best is Paypal (despite the fees).
When logged onto Paypal the address is "dcpaypal@hagstrom.org.uk"

Inside UK the best way is an online transfer (no fees) but I don't know how safe it is to put the sort code and account number up here! So maybe Paypal has it tied up neatly!

Thanks for your support!

David;

Could you please post an email address that can be used with paypal? Maybe leave out the @ or something if you are worried about your address reaching millions.

I will be happy to support the for now, the only place we all can chat on a non-competitive basis.

Thanks for your hard work

Bill Marriott
HagstromWorld.com

Thanks Bill,

dcpaypal NOSPAM @ NOSPAM hagstrom.org.uk
(just take out the spaces and 'NOSPAM').

David,
Hope you have gotten my little support.
Hope others will follow.

Thanks for this site

Benajmin

Yes Thank you Benjamin. It all helps!

Hi David,
We have got to keep this site rolling. 15 GBP is on its way from me via PayPal.
Arthur

PS I got this message from the transaction. Seems to be and double entry on the link.
http://www.hagstrom.org.uk/thank_you_for_your_payment.htm.htm
Multiple Choices
The document name you requested (/thank_you_for_your_payment.htm.htm) could not be found on this server. However, we found documents with names similar to the one you requested.
Available documents:
/thank_you_for_your_payment.htm (common basename)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Apache/1.3.33 Server at www.hagstrom.org.uk Port 8

a small contribution is on the way to help keeping this site alive...

HI!
SURE I'D MAKE A CONTRIBUTION BUT PLEASE HELP ME TO FIND A Kent PB24-BG from 1962 OR ANY HAGSTROM THAT IS 60'S-EARLY 70'S!!
REGARDS
MELARY
allmusictrends@london.com

David,

My semi-annual fee of 15 GBP is on the way.

ATL

No worries. $10 aust on the way, you run a cool site.
Many thanks
Marc

David,

My semi-annual fee is on the way to your paypal account.

Keep on strömmin'

ATL

I really enjoy the site and the forum.

I sent you $20 US and I paid the $1.08 paypal fee.

Thanks,
Todd

Sincere thanks Todd! It just so happens the forum comes up for renewal next month! Cheers, David.

Would anyone like to sponsor this forum for another year? It comes up for renewal 29th October.

The free version has a strict limit on entries, doesn't have separate sections but does have lots of adverts!

The renewal is US$39.95 and I'd be happy to state the sponsor name on the forum heading if desired.

I still renew the main website each year with all it's bits, spam protection, bandwidth, and quality server etc. This comes to about GBP98 (about US$140???).

As you know the site is totally free and non-commercial in nature.

If you feel like sponsoring, then payment can be made via the Donate link at the bottom of any main website page.

Many thanks,

David

I'm in for 14 pounds (USD 22.63)

15 GBP = 24.02 USD from me to support this great site.