Return to Website

Hagstrom - Cult Guitars - A UK based Appreciation!

Questions and Answers (hopefully) about the great Hagstrom Guitar brand.

KEEP IT RELEVANT, CLEAN AND FRIENDLY, ALSO PLEASE DON'T SIMPLY USE THE SITE TO ADVERTISE APART FROM SELLING SPECIFIC RELATED GEAR. (SADLY, OFFENDERS MAY HAVE TO BE BLOCKED) - apart from all that - Have fun!

From 2014: Due to costs of keeping this forum unlimited, in future, please use Facebook Groups such as:
Hagstrom Sweden https://www.facebook.com/groups/7752406742/?bookmark_t=group#!/groups/7752406742/
or Hagstrom Vintage Guitars https://www.facebook.com/groups/7752406742/?bookmark_t=group#!/groups/132675620130383/?bookmark_t=group

Forum: Hagstrom - Cult Swedish Guitars - A UK based Appreciation!
Start a New Topic 

Author
Comment
Help find Goya red sparcle year and parts

Hi I am trying to date a Goya red sparkle it was bought new by my friend’s grandfather, it is in pitiful condition, I am taking it to my tech to see if he can restore it to a playable condition. It was bought in Montreal Canada
The serial number is 491117 from the list on this site i understand that it was built in 1968, but from other pics and post it could be made 1961 it would have been one of the 370 made? Can someone clarify this for me please?
Thanks in advance

P.S. I am locking for a bridge and two original tuners.

Karl
Chambly Quebec
Canada

Email  
Re: Help find Goya red sparcle year and parts

Hi. It is made in 1961 in a serie of 300 (several serie are made) Those tuners are rare like hens teeth, so, keep searching. Bridges can be found on Ebay every now and then

Thanks for the info, but I’m still not sure I understand! When you say in a series of 300 (several series are made) Where there 300 of this Specific model in 1961 or more?

Email  

In 1961 serveral batches were made. Some run from 1960 to 1961. Your batch 491 is only made in 1961. This specific batch has 300 guitars. There are also made other models in 1961.Your guitar model Standard is made from 1959 to 1962. Totally 12 different batches. You can find this info in "the Blue Book". The leaflet /folder with info on all Hagstrom guitars......NO wrong....not all batch are in the book. You can keep on beeing surprised with Hagtsrom, small variations keep on show up, or models with numbers you don't find in the blue book. Or batch that are mentioned in the book but don't seem to exist in real :)

Thankks again for your help

Email  
Get your own FREE Forum today! 
Report Content ·  · Email Forms   Free Guestbooks   Free Web Tools   Cheap Domains