Return to Website

Debby K's Message Board

This is a forum in which to discuss the fan fiction stories found on Debby K's site. You are invited to talk about previous stories or new ones.

Debby K's Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Chapter 11

Dear Debby,
I'm amazed that you included the Catholic point of view regarding Michaela's surgery. As a Catholic, I am aware that any intervention of choosing one life to save another life was once taken as the Sister explained. Nobody has respected life more than Michaela and Sully. I remember when I had a miscarriage and it was referred to as a spontaneous abortion how I felt. I can feel for Sully and his reaction to the Sister's statement, and I too wanted to know that the fetus was handled with respect. I don't want to turn this into a debate over what is right or wrong. The Church has also changed its viewpoint on this matter. What I do relate to is the sorrow that M&S feel over the loss of this baby and what could have been. When one is faced with such a decision the last thing you want to hear is that you made the wrong one. They will have to struggle to accept that what they did was right and come to peace with it. With the other miscarriages they always found a way to do this, and I hope they can once more.
I can't wait to see what direction you take this in.

Re: Re: Re: Chapter 11

Marydee,
Thanks so much for sharing your personal perspective on this chapter. Your points are very well made. What an agonizing situation for you. I appreciate your sharing your own feelings from that time.
All the best,
Debby K

Re: Re: Re: Re: Chapter 11

Debby-
I’ve been thinking all day what I want to say in response to this heartbreaking chapter. I have read all of your stories numerous times and have been of fan of yours since high school, and I believe that this chapter has to be the most touching and tragic chapter I have read thus far. I can say that in honesty because it made me really depressed!

I have always felt, Revenge was the story that was your most tragic, but now I believe this has surpassed that. I want you to know your writing has always touched and inspired me, and I think for that to happen to a reader, the author has to have that special gift, a gift that you no doubly have. Thank you, Debby, for all the wonderful stories you have written for us, and I hope you always have the enthusiasm to keep this amazing series alive.

Now, for my two cents on the chapter! I had a feeling once Michaela said she was going to go through with the surgery it wasn’t going to go over well with the nuns. I wonder what effect this will have on the relationship between them and Michaela. I’m aware of the stand points of abortion with Catholics, but I wonder if it is viewed any differently if the fetus cannot survive and the patient could die, because Sister Mary Margaret really never answered Sully’s question.

I have a feeling we are up for more heartache in the future, Colleen’s statement on how Michaela might react to this has me worried. Hopefully with their families support, both Michaela and Sully can make it through this rough time.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Chapter 11

Kayla,
Speaking of "touched and inspired," that is what your post has done for me.
From the bottom of my heart, thank you for your generous and eloquent words.
All the best,
Debby K