Return to Website

Debby K's Message Board

This is a forum in which to discuss the fan fiction stories found on Debby K's site. You are invited to talk about previous stories or new ones.

Debby K's Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Chapter 13

I appreciate your feelings and opinions. Keep in mind, too, that Michaela has two forces working against her. One is depression. The other is hormones, now that she is without her ovaries. She will get a wakeup call soon.
Debby K

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Chapter 13

Debby, I don't mean to sound so, oh I don't know. I have never been one who had depression, and I have had many things to happen in my life. I was not making light of the situation, only that Sully seems to have always been the one to give into her. I love your stories, they are wonderful, as I have told you many times past, and I do look forward to reading them over again and again. I have done my share of crying and laughing when I read them.

In previous stories, you covered some things about their courtship, which the series did not cover very well, maybe you could bring into some story later on your thoughts on this, since you bring so much love to light in the case of M&S. Again, your stories are wonderful, you are such a talented writer.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Chapter 13

DBE, you don't need to worry about how you sound. Your points are well made, and I have written Michaela to sound very selfish at the moment, but only because that's how depression can work. I didn't think you were making light of anything. In my stories, Michaela is a deeply caring person, who puts 100% into her passions. I think that people who do that can occasionally lose sight of the world around them.
On the other hand, Sully is one who is much more compromising and accommodating in their relationship. I don't believe he minds being that way. He sees things she doesn't. I think that is why they are a good match.
Just my take on their relationship.
Debby K

Re: Chapter 13

I have read a lot of these messages with interest and have finally had courage enough to post.

Debby firstly I want to thank you for writing such a wonderful plethora of Michaela and Sully life stories.

I adore the way that you keep to character (which in my opinion is essential for a good DQ story), and yet add new characters all the time.

The children are all wonderfully unique in their makeup, just as a real family would be. However I think my favourite is poor Joseph (sp?). He tries so hard to meet Katie's apparent exacting standards but always manages to fall a little short. Please don't change him, as he is just so lovable with his natural curiosity and love of the outdoors. In fact I feel that it may be Joe that helps Michaela in this story.

Until now I haven't really been sure what to make of this story, however now I am finding that I am as drawn to it as many, many others.

Unlike a lot of you, I am actually pretty cross with Sully's attitude. He is not the only one in the relationship that does the giving, or lets Michaela off certain things.

Being someone who has experienced, and is currently experiencing depression (albeit mild) I can well see how Michaela is finding it all overwhelming. Putting that together with the added problems of how she lost the baby, and the chaos of her hormones, I don't find it atall surprising that she is where she is.

I would actually like her to give Sully a wake up call by running off. He just seems to have snapped and expected her to have got over everything. I know that she has the other children, but that kind of loss is not like the other miscarriages, and Sully must realise that.

I hope that all will end well, and I look forward to the final chapters.

Re: Re: Chapter 13

Rachel,
Thanks for working up the courage to post your thoughts. I appreciate that you feel the M&S in my stories have remained true to the series.
I enjoy reading everyone's persepctives. I hope I have written them so that neither Michaela, nor Sully is one dimensional. There are times when we can be mad at one, and totally see the other's point of view. In my fan fiction world, I want to paint them as complex characters who express and experience all too human reactions.
I think some readers will relate more to Michaela in this story, and some will relate to Sully. In the end, we love them both.
Debby K