Return to Website

Debby K's Message Board

This is a forum in which to discuss the fan fiction stories found on Debby K's site. You are invited to talk about previous stories or new ones.

Debby K's Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
A Crisis of Faith

Debby: another great story. I can't wait for the next one. While I read most of the DQ fan fiction out there, yours is among the best of the best. I can't tell you how often I've read your stories, and from the beginning. Please keep up the good work, and the writing.

Re: A Crisis of Faith

Joan,
It's great to hear from you. I appreciate your loyal following of my fan fiction stories, and I appreciate that you continue to read them.
Debby K

Debby, when I got up this morning, ... no story to read. I do look forward to the next story. You do make things so alive.

I still think the networks are missing the boat, by not making another series or movies out of your wonderful stories, but only with Joe and Jane.

Re: Re: A Crisis of Faith

Thanks, DBE.
I think it's every writer's fantasy to sell a story to a publisher or to sell a screenplay to a movie company, but networks don't seem to think women are much of a desirable demographic. They want Young Urban Males (YUMS). When you look at what's on TV, that says it all. I did investigate with some publishers, but they were not interested in the genre of what I write.
I appreciate the compliment, and I'll work on my new story as time permits.
Debby K

I was disappointed that there was no Epilogue II this morning, but I was thrilled to finish another wonderful story about our favorite family. I hope you never run out of ideas and that you can keep on writing so that we can see how all of the kids turn out.

I was so hoping that there would be a sixth child from the early symptoms, but this was not to be! I was also worried that she might have breast cancer, so I was glad that she didn't have to go through that. This story was very hard for me to read at times since I suffered a miscarriage of my own 20 years ago. Each time Michaela & Sully lose another child, it makes me think back to my own pain and I was glad that you were able to show them starting to find some peace with their decisions in the end. Even though I lost a child, I have three wonderful kids now. My middle child would not have been born if I had not lost one. Every time I look at him (now 19) I thank God that I have him since he has turned out to be a wonderful young man. I know Michaela will continue to see this as time passes. The whole Catholic/abortion issue was also a tough one. I am Catholic and against abortion as is my husband. As staunch as we are about abortion, we did agree that in a case like this, the mother's health and safety can come first. I hope that the nuns and/or townsfolk do not cause future problems for M&S about this.

What's up for them next? Would this be a good time for them to climb Pike's Peak together to renew themselves and reminisce about the special times in their relationship??? No matter what you come up with, we will all be happy for more glimpses into their lives, so I hope real like gives you time to get us another story before the end of the year. I may not reread this story as much as others (due to the painful content), but I will continue to reread the entire series. I have reread some of my favorites too many times to admit to - Obsessions, Yankee Hill, How Do I Love Thee, The Grand Tour, Remembrance of Things Past, Kiss Me Mike, Passions & Principals, Gurdian of the Heart, A Cherished Reminder and A Glimmer of Hope. Thanks again for continuing to write. We all really appreciate it!!

Re: Re: A Crisis of Faith

Debbie, thank you for your thoughtful analysis of my story, and more importantly, thank you for sharing the personal connection that it had to you.
There were some difficult issues which M&S had to deal with, and I'm grateful that you noted them.
I actually considered having M&S climb Pikes Peak at the end of this story, but decided against it due to her physical condition. Perhaps down the road, I'll have them make that trek.
I appreciate your feedback, particularly on such a personal level.
All the best,
Debby K

Re: Re: Re: A Crisis of Faith

Debby-

I was just able to wrap up the last few chapters because I was out of town and let me tell you I tried my darnest to find a computer just so I could read!! First off- POOR IGGY THE PIGGY!! I loved that pig!! Hehe! I was getting really scared for Michaela, I've never seen her so low and depressed. I was afraid for awhile we weren't going to have a happy ending and it would just carry on to the next story. I'm so glad they were both able to find peace and Michaela was able to come back to Sully and the children. That was the best ending of all.
I know you said you're working on a new story and that's VERY exciting!! So good luck on that and I can't wait to read what you come up with!!

All the best,
Kayla

Re: Re: Re: Re: A Crisis of Faith

Kayla, thanks for letting me know what you thought of the story, especially its ending. It was hard to let Iggy go.
Maybe in the future, they can get another. I'm glad you like the ending with Michaela starting her journey back to her husband and children.
With all of the sadness in this story, I'm aiming for a different theme for the new one.
I appreciate the feedback.
Debby K

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A Crisis of Faith

Hi Debby:I like your story alot,sad but like always very good.
I`m happy to read that you will write something less sad in your new story.
I wish you write a story where there is no tragedy for M&S.,something lighter
I hope you have a good summer.
Take Care