Return to Website

Debby K's Message Board

This is a forum in which to discuss the fan fiction stories found on Debby K's site. You are invited to talk about previous stories or new ones.

Debby K's Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
2008 Fan Fiction Awards

The Dr. Quinn favorite fan fiction poll voting for 2008 is now open at Sylvie's site. If you are so inclined, I would appreciate your vote for "A Crisis of Faith," my only eligible story this year. To read how to cast your vote for my fan fiction in the "Long Stories" category, please visit Sylvie's site by voting here:
http://www.the-dqmw-fanfic-guide.com/

I appreciate your support through the years, and I thank Sylvie and Ganna for their hard work in running the poll.
All the best,
Debby K

Re: 2008 Fan Fiction Awards

Debby!!! Fans will vote for you even if you've published only one story this year. It's not the small amount of stories which counts, but the huge amount of affection , respect and you've been sharing with both the show itself and all its fans thoughout all these years. Without you to describe their future, what would have become of our beloved family ? I've already said this 12s of times, but I'll have to repeat it once again: reading your whole saga is exactly like if the show had never been cancelled: we've seen the older kids grow up, we've learnt to love all their other children, we've seen our beloved couple sharing dozens of very exciting adventures, meeting plenty of real American characters, we've also witnessed the quick transforming & development of a once very small frontier town, and followed all its inhabitants throughout all those changes.
Your saga is exceptionally unique, and its success is a perfect response to those stupid CBS execs who thought they had "killed" DQMW.

Debby, may I thank you again, smt like ten million times, for your work? Without your saga which I started to read only in July 2001, my Quinnfic addiction would probably have never started...

Re: Re: 2008 Fan Fiction Awards

Sylvie,

Thank you so much for you kind words about my work. It certainly lifts my spirits.

I have been writing DQ fan fiction since December 1997, and I never intended to write beyond "How Do I Love Thee." It was because of people (like you), over the years, who encouraged my writing and who wanted to see the story of Michaela and Sully continue, that I kept on writing.

Your awards are a nice acknowledgment to the many terrific fan fiction writers that their work is appreciated. No matter what place the author/story finishes, it is a pat on the back for their efforts.

I appreciate your taking the time to let me know what you think. Thank you for conducting the poll and for encouraging all of the writers of DQ fan fiction.

All the best,
Debby K