Return to Website

Debby K's Message Board

This is a forum in which to discuss the fan fiction stories found on Debby K's site. You are invited to talk about previous stories or new ones.

Debby K's Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Congratulations!!!!

Hola Debby Congratulations You did it againg: I'm glad that it countinuos to bring you joy to write. Because it does bring us joy to read how you discribe our beloved Michaela & Sully.

Go on with the great job Don't ever stop.
Happy New Year.

Re: Re: Re: Congratulations!!!!

Hello Debby,
Congratulations to you !!
Happy Newyear !!
How far are you going with your new story ? Have any idea when it will be posted ? It brings joy to all your fan to read another masterpiece of your hand.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Congratulations!!!!

I appreciate your comments, Jenny. As I mentioned to Rosie, I'm in the midst of some research on the new story, but I have written 7 chapters so far. I have no idea yet when it will be posted, but it is a work in progrerss.
Happy New Year.
All the best,
Debby K

Re: Re: Re: Congratulations!!!!

Thanks, Rosie. The new story I'm working on has a lot of research involved. I'm waiting for one of the books I ordered to arrive before I continue working on it.
Have a Happy New Year.
All the best,
Debby K

Re: Re: Re: Re: Congratulations!!!!

Debby, many many congratulations to you. May your New Year be wonderful and Oooooooooooo the picture for this month is wonderful. You do such a great job. Looking forward to your next story. As I have told you before, the TV personnel miss out on not bringing back Sully and Dr. Mike with your stories and to continue the saga of Sully and Dr. Mike.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Congratulations!!!!

Thanks, DBE. I appreciate your comments very much.
Happy New Year.
Debby K

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Congratulations!!!!

Hey Debby!!!

Sorry, I am a little late but I wish you a happy new Year as well!
Congratulations!!!!! First place! Yay, awesome! Your stories keep the spirit of Dr. Quinn alive. I just would like to thank you for putting so much effort in each single one of them!
Thank you for sharing your wonderful talent with us! I am sooo looking forward to the next story. I'll be here and waiting patiently, or impatiently LOL...
I wish you good luck with your story and I hope that 2009 will only bring joy and harmony to you and your family!

Tina

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Congratulations!!!!

Tina,
Thank you for the New Year wishes and for the congratulations on the poll results. I appreciate it more than words can say.
All the best,
Debby K

Who said "fan fiction is just a hobby"?

I KNOW I don't visit your forum very often, Debby... but of course I'm adding my (& Ganna's) name to the Congratulations List!

Do you need yet another reason to explain your permanent and repeated success? Well, here it is... OK, I might have said that before, but with this recent comment of yours, we have a perfect example:
1/ you use books for your historical researches
2/ when you don't own a book, you buy it
3/ and when you can't buy it at a local store, you order it, and your writing is in stand-by until it arrives.

Now that's what I call "serious business"! How many fanfic writers do that systematically when writing a story with a strong historical background?

There are many other reasons, which I've already detailed several times, but I also love your stories because of the unique quality of your historical research. Reading your saga is like reading a book showing the evolution of the US of A in that period: we've met Presidents, businessmen, adventurers, Indian chiefs or gangsters of the era, and unlike in any other history books, with just plain facts, dates and events, in your stories they live, they sometimes die, they act, they love, they speak,... we feel them ALIVE. If I was a history teacher, I'd recommend a thorough reading of your saga to all my students so they would have a pretty vivid idea of what this era, its people, its places,... was really like. You are a professional in this field and it truly shows in your stories, nobody else in Quinnfic has gone so far on the purely historical side.

This being said, please read my private email, which should have reached you by now...

We YOU Debby!!!

Re: Who said "fan fiction is just a hobby"?

Thanks, Sylvie. Your support of DQ fan fiction in general and encouraging remarks about my work specifically mean a lot.
I appreciate your dedication to keeping all of the authors available.
All the best.
Debby K

Re: Re: Who said "fan fiction is just a hobby"?

Hi Debby:Hope your doing ok,and your new story is in progress. I just want to add at what Sylvie wrote, I have learn so much about so many things from your stories That it is worth to wait for them.

I think that you are a professional writer,because the way you write them is just like if I'm watching the series.And I'm part of the story and I can feel what they are feeling.
I'm glad you win again you deserve it.Congratulations again.

Re: Re: Re: Who said "fan fiction is just a hobby"?

Rosie,
Thank you for your complimentary remarks about my writing, but trust me, I'm no professional. That would be someone who engages "in a specified activity as one's main paid occupation rather than as a pastime."
1. I'm not paid for it (I actually have to pay for the web site and some of the resources)
2. It is not my main pastime (Otherwise, I would write these stories much more often).
I am, however, grateful that you would think any of my writing is of a professional caliber. My proofreader might disagree.
I appreciate all who take the time to read my stories.
Debby K