Return to Website

Debby K's Message Board

This is a forum in which to discuss the fan fiction stories found on Debby K's site. You are invited to talk about previous stories or new ones.

Debby K's Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Re: Questions

Debby, I usually check the site everyday - for whatever knowledge might be posted or news of how your story is coming along. I have read them all three or four times and I usually start from the beginning to the end. There are many ones I favor, but I like to keep in order for the way things progress. I love the pictures, especially the one this month, my or my, it is sooooooooo great. Looking forward to your next story as always. Doris

Re: Re: Re: Questions

I'm grateful that you shared your reasons for visiting the site, DBE. It gives me some interesting insight. This month's picture has gotten some interesting responses off the board, too.
Debby K

Thanks for replying with your answers, Marion. Very interesting about the types of plots you like. The new story is coming along nicely. I'm halfway through chapter 11 at the moment.
All the best,
Debby K

Re: Questions

Very interesting survey, Debby - I'll reply the best way I can.

1/ Will it surprise you if my answer is "YES" ? Usually, I go to your home page and then directly to the forum, because that's where you're announcing the status of your next story...
2/ When I first discovered your site, must have been sometime in 2001, this was when I started to collect Quinnfic. For me, "collect" means copy-paste each story and save it forever onto local media so as to read it again off-line whenever I want. So (see my reply to 3/)
3/ I am now jobless so I cannot afford to actually print any fanfics anymore. But until mid-2004 I have printed EVERY Quinnfic ever published, and this of course includes all your stuff published until that date. So I have most of your saga nicely printed, binded and ready to be accessed whenever I wish. After a first "scattered" (though in chronological order) reading while I was discovering and printing your stuff, I have already re-read your complete saga twice, which makes three thorough readings in all. Note that ALL my readings are off-line, so if you want to have a more accurate number of my "visits, you should make this multiplication : "visitors number + (72*2)"
4/ Not especially, but (for reasons mentioned in § 1) I visit your site about twice a month, so I do appreciate your new artwork whenever there is one.
5/ I also have made random visits of your site now and then, for various reasons so as to reply to fan questions "looking for a particular story in which this and that happens" (then, your Summaries page is a must), to copy-paste poetry quotes (I have a special file which compiles them all!) or for more "technical reasons" such as to verify my Quinnfic database vs. your listings.

Cheers and Debby!

Sylvie,
Thanks for your detailed responses to my survey questions. I appreciate your taking the time to answer them.
All the best,
Debby K

Hey Debby!
Like Sylvie said, interesting survey indeed.
1. I check about once a week, or to the very least once a month, to see if there's any progress in your writing, and when you're posting, I of course stop by every day, unless for some reason I can't get access to the Web.
2. sometimes, like today, I come because I want to re-read one of your stories, one I don't remember well, or an old favorite.
3.I unfortunately don't have the time to re-read the entire saga from the beginning right now, but I plan to do it someday, like when I'm heavily pregnant and unable to move more than a finger . It sure will provide me with hours of entertainment!
4. Hem... I'm not coming for the pictures... but your site would lose a lot without them

Well, hope that helped.

Thanks, A.G.
I appreciate your posting. By the way, I have just started chapter 16 of thenew story.
All the best,
Debby K

Re: Re: Re: Questions

Hi Debby:I'm happy to read that you are on chapter 16 on your new story.About your questions.1.Any time that I have the chance to use the computer I check your webside and check the forum to see how is going the new story.2.Depending in the mood Iam I read your stories again,I like to read them since the birth of Joey.But I don't read them from the beginning.The first time that I find you in internet I star reading the story "Making peace" and I love it and when I discover your other storys I read them from the first one to the last one and I love them all.I do have my favorite ones and the ones that I like I have made copys of them,and I take them sometimes to my work to re-read them again.I also check your pictures I love the one that you have now. I also like to read the coments of the other fans. I can say that any time that I'm using the computer I check your webside.
I also I like your storys because of how much I have learn from them and reading them is just like if I'm watching the tv series again.
Please don't take away the pictures. I hope this answer your questions.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Questions

Yes, Rosie, you have answered the questions quite well, and I appreciate it.
As of last night, I'm on chapter 17.
All the best,
Debby K

Hey,
I always check back to see about a new story! When it has been a very, very long time since you started a new story, I will re-read other stories. (ahem..)
Really ready for a new story Debby!!
Thanks for all the hard work!

Thanks, Brittany. I have a message posted about it above.

Debby K