Return to Website

Debby K's Message Board

This is a forum in which to discuss the fan fiction stories found on Debby K's site. You are invited to talk about previous stories or new ones.

Debby K's Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Alights

Debby,
I wanted to thank you for this wonderful new story and for your writing in general. When I first looked online for anything on Dr. Quinn, I stumbled upon fanfiction -had never heard of it before - and yours was the first I found. I read them from #1 all the way through the Gun Fight and felt that same sadness like the series had ended again. Your characters come to life with your writing.

I also wanted to thank you for something else. I wrote you at the time with my thanks and compliments and with a story idea and you encouraged me to write it myself. At first I laughed, never having written fiction before, but with much thought and an idea from real life, I gave it a try. Now I write DQ stories myself and it is one of my main joys and passions. I wouldn't have stepped out and tried it if not for you.

Since you aren't active on the forum, and now you're so busy since you retired, I thought you had moved on. So glad that you gave us another installment into your Quinn universe with Alights. It was a wonderful surprise. I want to say that I adored your Heaven scene, I read it with tears streaming down my face and gasps with each child revealed, remembering in detail when each was miscarried and the anguish both Michaela and Sully experienced. I love Bridget and all of the kids. I've always loved the way you portray Sully, by the way, very much like on the show. And your enthusiasm scenes in this one were superb!

So thank you again, Debby, and I hope you do decide to continue your wonderful saga.

Kindest regards,
Linda

Re: Alights

Hi, Linda.

I'm so happy that you are now writing your own fan fiction. What a nice way to spend your time.

I appreciate your kind remarks about my stories. As you must know from your own writing, it certainly encourages one when others appreciate what you put into them.

Keep on writing, and I'll try to do the same.

All the best,
Debby K