Return to Website

Debby K's Message Board

This is a forum in which to discuss the fan fiction stories found on Debby K's site. You are invited to talk about previous stories or new ones.

Debby K's Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Dr. Quinn movies

Hi, Wendy.

I appreciate your lovely comments about my stories.

The movies fit into my stories as follows:

"Revolutions" (the first movie) goes between "Solitude" and "Post-Revolutions."
"The Heart Within" (second movie) fits between "Anniversary" and "The Hope Within."

I hope that you continue to enjoy the adventures.

All the best,
Debby K

Dear Debby,

Thanks so much! Now that I'm semi-retired, I have some time to read these again. I've already gotten through 'You Are Cordially Invited'! It's just great to have stories that are both true to the spirit of the show and very exciting. I'm so happy you haven't given up. I know you had for a while there, for which no one could blame you, but it made me very happy to see you're still enjoying taking us back to our favorite adventure and our favorite romantic couple.

BTW, I did write to CBS and suggest it was time for a reunion show with all the original cast members. Hope they're listening.

Warmly, Wendy

Thanks, Wendy.

Enjoy your semi-retirement, and feel free to share your thoughts in the stories here.

All the best,
Debby K

Dear Debby,

Thanks! I don't want to spoil any of the stories for anyone reading this and going through them, so I won't get too specific. But I did read all these years ago and am now going through them again. I realize I'm getting old, but I was just wondering if you had changed any of your earlier stories. There are some things I thought had happened but seem different now. Is this just my poor memory or did you decide to change any of the story lines at all over the years? Or anything else?

I was not quite so organized before. This time, I started with watching the Pilot episode and went through them all in the corrected order from the other DQ website and then continued the saga with your stories. It's really lovely how well I can picture everything having just seen the entire series. Thank you so much for all your efforts. It would have been really frustrating to think that last episode in Season 6 would have been it.

And btw, I really enjoyed your story about the Neilson brothers. I was cracking up at times. Very clever and apropos. When I heard that the series was supposed to go for 8 years, I was so irritated. You have to wonder what's wrong with these supposedly intelligent business people that they would cancel a successful series like this after it had admittedly saved their network.

One more thing I wanted to mention, I love how you hearken back to the series and bring in characters and incidents we had almost forgotten about and tie up loose ends, like what you did with Michaela's telling Sully about her encounter with his first wife. Very touching.

People are still discovering this show. I imagine you're going to be hearing from a lot of them here, all of them as grateful as I am that you carried on this fantastic saga for all of us.

Warmly, Wendy

Wendy, I appreciate your question and comments.

I have not changed any of the stories. I hope you continue to enjoy them.

Happy Memorial Day!

Debby K

Dear Debby,

Okay, creeping senility then. I'm reading Passages now. Great reading for Memorial Day weekend. You have a great one, too!

Warmly, Wendy