Return to Website

Debby K's Message Board

This is a forum in which to discuss the fan fiction stories found on Debby K's site. You are invited to talk about previous stories or new ones.

Debby K's Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
View Entire Thread
Re: Addiction

Dear Debby,

Well, I'm happy I could help you relive good feelings. I must say, I'm getting towards the end of your stories (just starting A Crisis of Faith) and it's making me a little sad. Kinda like I felt when I got into the sixth season of the show. The good thing is, I can always start over (after a break to do other things). It took me about 4 months to go through all the shows and continue the saga with your stories. I realize it's been years since the show ended and your enthusiasm for writing these stories probably isn't what it was, but just know whatever you come up with will be greatly appreciated and not just by me. Your ticker keeps going up on the homepage, so there are folks reading them (even if they're not commenting much here) and enjoying your continuation of one of the most touching love stories ever.

BTW, I know Preston Lodge is about the most perfect antagonist ever, but I would so love to have him get his, so to speak. He hasn't so far in my reading, but I sure wouldn't mind if he got some sort of payback. Just sayin'....

Thanks again!

Warmly, Wendy

Hi, Wendy.

You are a very dedicated lady to have watched and read so faithfully. Writing the DQ fanfiction has been one of the greatest adventures of my life. It required me to stretch my imagination, discipline my time and explore what gave me the passion to do write so many stories. I can't say that I burned out or lost interest. I just am doing other things at this time.

I truly appreciate revisiting the stories with you.

All the best,
Debby K

Dear Debby,

Well, that's great! If you haven't burned out, then eventually you'll probably get back to it. I will check back periodically to see.

I don't know if it's dedication so much as an addiction, like I said. LOL Oh well, I can think of worse addictions, can't you?

Warmly, Wendy

I agree with Wendy! When I initially found them I did absolutely nothing else other than read them until I finished every last one. It's a shame you don't write anymore. The DQMW fandom needs more wonderful stories, especially since I'm a DirecTV customer and can now only get my DQMW fix via fanfiction (and I've already read everything that's to be read) and youtube videos since I don't own the DVDs.

Hi Sara,

Let me recommend getting the DVDs, especially the kind that came with each season separately boxed, which seem to have a lot fewer problems than the new set with all the seasons in one box, from what people have told me. The quality of both the picture and the sound is excellent, and for a diehard fan, it just makes sense. Get them over time, and you won't have too much expense at once. Once you do, btw, get back to me, and I'll send you an episode guide. Not all the shows are in the best order for coherent storytelling, and fans have fixed that. It's kind of a hassle to have to switch disks or change the order on a disk, but it's well worth it.

There's still lots of fan fiction being written and posted on fanfiction.net, but a lot of it doesn't come up to Debby's. Alternate universe stories can be interesting, but for those of us who loved the original story, only carrying it along and staying as close to the original canon as possible really works, and that's what Debby's stories do. I also wish Debby were still writing. I keep checking once in a while to see if there's a surprise there for us, but I can imagine that after all this time with over 75 stories already, she might be out of ideas for something new or just need a break.

Yoo hoo, Debby! We still love ya!

Warmly, Wendy

Believe me, I would love to have the motivation to write again. Sometimes, I sit down, look at what I was last writing, and think, "Okay, I can do this again." Then, it leaves me. I'm not sure if it's burnout or what.

I DO know that if we had another movie to look forward to, it would motivate me to figure out how to work my stories into its plot, as I did with the two existing films.

Oh, well. I haven't given up entirely, but in the meantime, a story with only 8 chapters, sits unfinished. I would never post it before finishing it. There are too many partially written stories out there just keeping readers hanging.

All the best,
Debby K

Hi Debby!

That was fast! I guess my guess was right then. I can't even think of a plot for ONE story myself, let alone dozens of them, so I do understand. Well, maybe something will come to you eventually, and it will be a very pleasant surprise for all of us. I know what you mean about not putting up incomplete stories. I refuse to read any of those as it's just too frustrating. I didn't even realize people posted them at first, and I'd plough in thinking there would be an ending. Ack!

Anyway, you've certainly done your part for DQ fandom. BTW, the second half of the 19th century was full of inventions. Perhaps you could work something around one of those. Just a thought.

Warmly, Wendy