Return to Website

Buy & Sell your own at RareVintageCymbals.com

Let's see what ya got!

Buy & Sell your own at RareVintageCymbals.com
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Late 1950's Turkish K Zildjian in perfect condition

I have a Zildjian ride cymbal made in Istanbul Turkey in the late 1950’s. It has a small K stamp, it is 19 7/8 inches, it weighs 2,068 grams and it has no cracks, dents or scratches and looks and sounds great.
The following describes the due diligence that I did to make sure that everything I’m saying about the cymbal is accurate.
To determine the age of the cymbal, I went to:
http://istanbulk.planetaclix.pt/MyOldK/Stamps.html. This site shows “Old K Zildjian Istanbul Stamps”. I saw that the stamp used by Zildjian in the late 1950’s clearly matches the stamp on my cymbal.
To accurately determine the weight of my cymbal, I took it to a UPS store and asked the clerk to weigh it on the stores precise scale. She said that the cymbal weighed 4.56 pounds which translates to 2,068 grams.
To determine that there were no cracks, dents or scratches on the cymbal I looked at both sides closely under a good light. Then, I repeated the process using a magnifying glass.
This cymbal is BEAUTIFUL. It is smooth to the touch with absolutely no imperfections. And it SOUNDS GREAT. This is a COLLECTORS ITEM. $2,500. 702-685-6469. Glad to send pictures.