Rare and Vintage Cymbals For Sale
Return to Website

Buy & Sell your own at RareVintageCymbals.com

Let's see what ya got!

Buy & Sell your own at RareVintageCymbals.com
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1ST SERIES!! Mid-1980's, Sabian 14" HH LEOPARD FUSION HATS!! SO RARE!!

Disclaimer: I know most people on this forum aren't into heavy, rock cymbals. I posted this on another more rock-oriented forum, but just figured I'd post it here too as these are rare vintage cymbals. I KNOW there's someone out there who will LOVE these.... read on.

*!!WOW!! THE ULTIMATE ROCK/FUSION/METAL HI-HATS!! RARE AS HELL!!!! NEAR-MINT!!*

....thats right...mid-80's, FIRST-SERIES, HH Leopard Fusion Hats. The HEAVIEST, most STOMP-YOUR-FACE-IN hi-hats I've ever seen, heard or felt!! (I promise your guitar+bass player will be deaf and hate you!) These are OUT-OF-PRODUCTION, and VERY, VERY RARE AND COLLECTABLE!!
I've NEVER seen another pair of these, and i've been collecting for some years now.

I've decided to part-ways with this kick-ass, near-mint pair of mid-1980's, (w/the 'HH' next to the sabian+cymbal trademark ink-logo) first-ever-series, HH Leopard Fusion Hats that I just RARELY use. I'm just not manly enough I guess, are you!? PROVE IT! These DESERVE and COMMAND to be played...or just marveled at by some other appreciative-soul! :-)

All of the early-to-mid 80's Sabian HH's were hammered and tuned by their 1st master cymbalsmith, Vinny. Prior to the Zildjian/Sabian split, Vinny made Canadian K. Zildjian's with the cymbalsmiths brought over from Istanbul.

Again, they're in near-mint condition. There are a few scratches and a little fading of the logo's, but thats to be expected from hi-hats that I'm sure have seen more crazy-ass, thrash-metal/hardcore shows than any mere-mortal set of hats could bear! m/
There are NO CRACKS OR KEYHOLES, and the edges are PERFECT!! I DARE YOU TO TRY TO CRACK THESE!!! TRIPLE-DOG-DARE YA!!! These behemoths are crafted from some of the THICKEST 20+year-old, aged-B20 alloy I've ever seen, and possibly ever made!! They're 1/16"+ thick AT THE EDGES!!! COMPLETE BEASTS!!!
Believe it or not though, they ARE NOT one-dimensional because of the handcrafting!! THEY HAVE THE STRONGEST, MOST DEFINED CHICK, FOOT-SPLASH AND BELLS YOU WILL EVER FIND!!! Not to mention the UNSURPASSED ARTICULATION, PROJECTION, DEPTH and CHARACTER of ANY hi-hats currently being made!!! They are flat-as-a-pancake too, so that adds ALOT of DARKNESS to them!!! They are the MOST INTRIGUING hi-hats I've EVER owned. I just RARELY get a chance to play them with my current projects, and I cannot justify me letting them sit in a cymbal-bag any longer. They NEED to be played.

I was thinking about listing these on eBay, but wanted to offer them to some true cymbal-geeks like me first. :-) Reply to me asap if you're interested, I might change my mind. I'm getting antsy to play them while writing this! ;-)
Pics available on request. Will also get gram-weight, and TRY to get a good soundfile if seriously interested.
Regardless, you WILL NOT be disappointed!

Interstate music wants $430 PLUS shipping for a pair of Sabian 14" HH Fusion Hats or 14" HH Rock Hats!!! What!!? HA!!! Neither of those can hold-a-candle to these!!! These hats combine both of those hi-hats, but with the added BALLS and ARTICULATION of the Leopard-series!!!

Oh, and did I mention that Sabian only offers ONE CYMBAL in the Leopard-series anymore?... a 20" ride, that's it!! If you have a Leopard ride and have been searching for the PERFECT COMPLIMENT to it, get these babies before they're gone forever! I'd be very surprised if you EVER see another pair in your life!!
-$335 shipped and insured to your door in the lower 48 states. OBO's and trades always considered.