Return to Website

Buy & Sell your own at RareVintageCymbals.com

Let's see what ya got!

Buy & Sell your own at RareVintageCymbals.com
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
18" Hubback stainless ride, 12" Old A hats

Posted this ad over at Cymbalholic to, but I reckon this place is stop #2 for folks looking for rare pies, so here 'tis. Email to kevin_romain@hotmail.com. Pictures available for anyone interested.
Thanks Matt!

Trying to scrape some bread together for a 20" Spizz that I've got my eye on.

18" Stainless Hubback ride. Not sure of the weight, but it's the thinnest Hubback I've seen or heard of. I'd call it a medium, but Steve's creations are so different from traditional cymbals that such classifications lose some of their meaning.
A fairly stiff feeling cymbal, but crashes well. Pingy stick with a dark swirly wash underneath. Great bell. Very flat profile.
The surface of the cymbal has some very light scratching that may be from Steve's workshop, or maybe from being played with stiff wire brushes or the like. Either way, the scratches don't penetrate the surface (can't even detect them when running my finger along the cymbal), nor do they detract from the visual beauty of the piece.
$350 + shipping

12" Old A hats. Pre-trans-stamp era stamp (1930-40sish?). Also has the letters "US" stamped underneath the logo (suppose these were used in a US military band). Also, I think the Arabic writing was stamped upside down. (one of those Monday morning before Turkish-coffee stamping sessions).
Bottom hat is 653g, top is 595g. Heavily hand hammered with a large-pein hammer. These are *awesome* hats for jazz, and also speak really well in light amplified situations.
The top hat has a hairline crack running outward from the bell a couple centimeters long. I marked the end of the crack when I got these hats, and it hasn't moved since then, in 2 years of constant playing. Hats are in great condition otherwise, with only the expected occasional rough spot on the edge, as would be expected of cymbals this old.
$275 + shipping

Also maybe interested in a partial trade for a 20" Spizz or 14" Spizz hats. I can take more pictures on request as well.