Return to Website

Buy & Sell your own at RareVintageCymbals.com

Let's see what ya got!

Buy & Sell your own at RareVintageCymbals.com
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
FS: Sound Creation, Zildjian and more

I am parting with a number of cymbals from my collection that are each extremely musical and versatile. I must sell these due to some recent financial situations, sigh. These are high quality, rare instruments with great sounds. I've tried to give as much info as I can, but let me know if you have more questions.

20" Paiste Sound Creation Dark Crash. 2242 g. Beautiful, unbelievable sounds. You know how rare these are. Played in, and in great shape. Stick marks, yes, but no cracks, keyholes, etc. The logos are strong. There is minor wear on the underside of the bell, but it's more cosmetic as it feels smooth. Wonderful Dark crash (duh), great stick sound and attitude. It may be your one-cymbal-gig cymbal, as it could ride, crash and tie up your other cymbals. I'm not giving this gem away--I feel it's worth every penny. You're going to want this on your cymbal stand, not in a glass case. If you've wanted one of these, you won't regret it. $550

21" Avedis Zildjian rivet ride '60's large stamp. 2472 g. Golden patina, medium light weight. It's at home in many styles with or without filling the 6 factory rivet holes. Classic A sound. No cracks, only slight hole wear but not keyholed by a long shot. This could be your blues, jazz, big band, folk, whatever workhorse crash/ride. $225

18" Alejian paper thin crash. 1290 g. 8 rivet holes. Amazing hammering and complex bright crash. Perfect edges and hole--unbelievable for such a thin, old cymbal. The possibility of rivets adds even more possibilities to this great crash. A really unique find. Unsure how to determine age, but looks similar to post-war Avedis' that I've seen in this size/weight. $150 is a deal.

14" Paiste Sound Formula Sound Edge Hi Hat pair. Round logos from the mid-90's. Original owner! They're perfectly matched 955g/1046g. Just slight stick marks from occasional use as these were never my primary pair. Great crisp Paiste sounds. practically new. logos look great. $250

13" Avedis Zildjian hi hat pair. 587 g on both top and bottom. Although one is 50's hollow stamp and the other 60's, they fit together perfectly. It's like they were either a factory re-match or the original owner went to lengths to match weight and size (probably in replacing a broken top?). They sound great. They have been a pair for a LONG time as they are equally very dirty. Sound as dark and smoky as the clubs where they lived. The holes are good and there are no cracks, etc. $150

10" Avedis Zildjian splash. 221 g. No cracks, keyholes, etc. Barely visible stamp, but can make out the three 'u' dots. Nice full crash sound, does what a splash should! $75

Have pics for all. There's something for almost every taste. Most of these were weighed at the post office, so it may not be perfect, but it should be reliable. If you're interested in more than one, we may negotiate price, give you a break on shipping, etc. Located in Indiana, will ship internationally if there's interest.

Nicholsslagverk@yahoo.se

Re: FS: Sound Creation, Zildjian and more

SOUND files are available in addition to pics!