Buy & Sell your own at RareVintageCymbals.com

Let's see what ya got!

Buy & Sell your own at RareVintageCymbals.com
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
602 S.E. Orphan Hats

Hi All,
I have 13" & 14" 602 Sound Edge bottoms, aquired years ago as orphans, searching for tops. These are both early black labels; the 14 has no serial number, 58 ridges, 980 gms. The 13 is from 1972, 42 ridges, 870 gms. Both with the very fine lathing - there's the rub - I'm only interested in 602 tops with the smooth fine lathing. I don't care about ink logos, but am not interested in any less than very good condition: 14's in the high 800-low 900 gm range, 13's in the high 700-low 800 gm range. I have tried a bunch of typical coarse lathed tops on the 14, and at least 2 similar tops on the 13, they just never sound right...

I also have an absolutely pristine 14" 602 orphan from 1972, black ink at 12 o'clock right above bell, red "hi hat bottom" at 3 o'clock, black Paiste logo on back at 6 o'clock, 880 gms, dead mint! So I would be glad to trade this cymbal straight across [or pay cash, of course] for either of the tops I'm searching for. The only other trade I'll consider is a 602 splash, any era, 11, 12, or 13 in that order of preferance. This cymbal is not for sale, I'll only let it go if I can get another vintage 602 in trade; the bottom SE orphans are not for sale either, although I would seriously consider trading the 13 for an appropriate 14 top. Send me a description of what you've got, I'll send you pics. Matt can vouch for me, we have done a bunch of deals back & forth.

Re: 602 S.E. Orphan Hats

The 880 gm black label bottom has moved on to a new home...