Rare and Vintage Cymbals For Sale
Return to Website

Buy & Sell your own at RareVintageCymbals.com

Let's see what ya got!

Buy & Sell your own at RareVintageCymbals.com
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Pre 1968 K. Zildjian Turkish Stamped and Signed set of 3.

These are in excellent condition with minimal keyholing as they have been played very little. I bought these at a Gretsch auction in Chanute, KS many years ago. At the time a representative from Gretsch said that these could date back to the 30's but it is difficult to know for sure. I am certain due to the fact that they are Turkish made and not American made that they were made pre 1968. I have not touched these except to remove the tape left over from the auction on one cymbal. It had masking tape indicating the size and weight of the cymbal that I removed before locking them away in a case way back in 1987. I will be pricing these as a set. The first is a 20" Medium Crash Ride @ 1919g. This little beauty has a dark and sassy ring with wonderful overtones and very nice stick sound or "click". It bears the Made in Turkey K. Zildjian and Co. Istanbul stamp, and is signed under the bell. The second is a 20" Sizzle weighing in @ 2151g. This guy is amazing. It is dark but surprisingly warm. This one is certainly not overly "splashy" as the weight holds it firm and allows for the rivetting to give its full effect. The bell sound is amazing as is the resonance. This one is also stamped Made in Turkey K. Zildjian and Co. Istanbul and is signed under the bell. The Hi-Hats are also stamped Made in Turkey K. Zildjian and Co. Instanbul and signed under the bell top and bottom. The total weight is 1762g and they sound amazing. Very crisp. My guess is these guys have been together for a very long time. The keyholing on the crash/ride and the hi-hats is almost non existent. The keyholing on the sizzle is very slight, less than 1/16 of an inch. Given the age of these cymbals they are in incredible condition. They may need polished as they are old, but I refuse to touch them with polish. Included also is a K. Zildjian 18" C/R @ 1560g This is a Canadian made K. Zildjian that I think I bought this at the same time. I imagine that this one was made in the late 70's or early 80's. I will be setting the price of this quite rare set at $4,500.00