Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi

A Place where devotees gather to share inspiration.

"Holy Mother" painted by Swami Tadatmananda

Used courtesy of the Vedanta Society of Southern California

http://www.vedanta.org

Dedicated to Sri Sarada Devi
Start a New Topic 
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26
Topic
Author
Views
Replies
Last Post
s
Satwik
September 17, 2015 Thursday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
17-September-2015 (Thursday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda Events after her Passing Away – 9 A day or two after the Mother left her body, a respectable couple, who were the Mother’s disciples, came to the Math at night-fall and st...
Views: 103   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 16, 2015 6:22pm
by Satwik
Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.82 Wednesday 16/9/15 The Master Said: "First rub your hands with oil and then break open the jack-fruit; otherwise they will be smeared with its...
Views: 84   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 16, 2015 12:49am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
September 16, 2015 Wednesday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
16-September-2015 (Wednesday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda Events after her Passing Away – 8 On the thirteenth day of the Mother’s demise, they held a big celebration at the Belur math. The place resounded with the chants of wors...
Views: 75   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 15, 2015 6:21pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.81 Tuesday 15/9/15 The Master Said: "Do all your duties, but keep your mind on God. Live with all - with wife and children, father and mother -...
Views: 56   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 15, 2015 12:08am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
September 15, 2015 Tuesday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
15-September-2015 (Tuesday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda Events after her Passing Away – 7 Revered Rashbehari Maharaj in describing this divine radiance of the Mother’s body had said, “After a long period of illness, her bo...
Views: 67   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 14, 2015 6:24pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.81 Monday 14/9/15 The Master Said: [In reply to : "How do we fix our minds on God?"] "Repeat God's name and sing His glories, and keep holy co...
Views: 115   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 14, 2015 12:02am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
September 14, 2015 Monday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
14-September-2015 (Monday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda Events after her Passing Away – 6 When the Mother’s body was brought to the Belur Math at noon on the day following her demise, it was found that her face was still effulgen...
Views: 88   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 13, 2015 6:20pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.80 Sunday 13/9/15 The Master Said: "He who is Lord of the Universe will teach everyone. He alone teaches us, who has created this universe; wh...
Views: 87   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 13, 2015 12:20am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
September 13, 2015 Sunday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
13-September-2015 (Sunday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda Events after her Passing Away – 5 An elaborate Bhoga was offered to the Master and the Prasada, consisting of Luchi, vegetables and Rasagollas was distributed amongst the assemble...
Views: 75   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 12, 2015 8:24pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.77 Saturday 12/9/15 The Master Said: "When, hearing the name of Hari or RAma once, you shed tears and your hair stands on end, then you may kn...
Last Post: Sep 12, 2015 12:03am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
September 12, 2015 Saturday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
12-September-2015 (Saturday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda Events after her Passing Away – 4 Swami Saradanandaji performed the rite of circumambulating the pyre and lighting the pyre. Swami Shivanandaji, Swami Subodhanandaji, Swami Nirm...
Views: 71   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 11, 2015 6:49pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.820 Friday 11/9/15 The Master Said: "Give up all such notions as: 'Shall we be cured of our delirium?', 'What will happen to us?', 'We are sinne...
Views: 86   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 11, 2015 12:08am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
September 11, 2015 Friday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
11-September-2015 (Friday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda Events after her Passing Away – 3 At noon the holy body of the Mother, decorated with sandal paste and garlands and carried on a beautiful cot was brought across the Ganga on a bo...
Views: 104   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 10, 2015 6:56pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.891 Thursday 10/9/15 The Master Said: "You know I am a fool. I know nothing. Then who is it that says all these things? I say to the Divine Mo...
Views: 102   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 10, 2015 12:04am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
September 10, 2015 Thursday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
10-September-2015 (Thursday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda Events after her Passing Away – 2 Very quickly they arranged for the Pooja and Bhog of the Master at the Belur Math, so that these services were over before the body of the Moth...
Views: 63   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 9, 2015 6:24pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.209 Wednesday 9/9/15 The Master Said: "God is engaged in three kinds of activity: creation, preservation and destruction. Death is inevitable....
Views: 91   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 9, 2015 12:11am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
September 9, 2015 Wednesday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
9-September-2015 (Wednesday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda Events after her Passing Away – 1 Revered Mahapurush Maharaj (swami Shivananda) was pacing up and down all by himself in a sombre mood, sometimes on the verandah of the first fl...
Views: 94   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 8, 2015 6:25pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.818 Tuesday 8/9/15 The Master Said: "All will surely realize God. All will be liberated. It may be that some get their meal in the morning, some...
Last Post: Sep 8, 2015 12:05am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
September 8, 2015 Tuesday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
8-September-2015 (Tuesday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda The Last Days of the Mother – 3 It was in the month of Sravana, (July-August), the season of heavy rainfall, a few days before the janmashtami (birthday of Sri Krishna), the the G...
Views: 98   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 7, 2015 6:22pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.703 Monday 7/9/15 The Master Said: "A man freed from bondage is Shiva; entangled in bondage, he is jiva" om tat sat ~~~~~~om shanthi om~~~~~...
Last Post: Sep 7, 2015 12:04am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
September 7, 2015 Monday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
7-September-2015 (Monday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda The Last Days of the Mother – 2 A certain disci0ple-son often came from the Belur Math to the Udbodhan to have a Darshan of the Mother from a distance atleast. Seeing her peaceful...
Views: 77   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 6, 2015 6:35pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.609 Sunday 6/9/15 The Master Said: "It is good to live in the company of holy men now and then. The disease of worldliness has become chronic in m...
Views: 68   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 6, 2015 12:07am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
September 6, 2015 Sunday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
6-September-2015 (Sunday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda The Last Days of the Mother – 1 The revered Sarat Maharaj and other children of the Mother were trying their best to cure her and restore her to health. Allopathy, Homoeopathy, Ayu...
Last Post: Sep 5, 2015 7:09pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.477 Saturday 5/9/15 The Master Said: "I used to go to Krishnakishore's house. Once when I was there, he said to me, 'Why do you chew betel-leaf?'...
Views: 97   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 5, 2015 12:41am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
September 5, 2015 Saturday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
5-September-2015 (Saturday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda The Mother’s Condescension to a lowly-placed Son – 7 After four in the evening, another person came for the Mother’s service and the son had to take his leave. He wen...
Views: 62   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 4, 2015 6:29pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.459 Friday 4/9/15 The Master Said: "Only the small-minded seek occult powers. If one asks something of a rich man, one no longer receives any fav...
Last Post: Sep 4, 2015 12:34am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
September 4, 2015 Friday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
4-September-2015 (Friday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda The Mother’s Condescension to a lowly-placed Son – 7 It was afternoon. There came the sound of the inmates stirring about again. One of them came to the Mother for something....
Views: 108   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 3, 2015 6:29pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.456 Thursday 3/9/15 The Master Said: "To love only members of the BrAmho SamAj or of one's own family is mAyA; to love one's own countrymen is mA...
Views: 78   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 3, 2015 12:41am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
September 3, 2015 Thursday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
3-September-2015 (Wednesday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda The Mother’s Condescension to a lowly-placed Son – 6 After a little rest and a short nap, the Mother got up. To enable to wash her face, the son held a basin before her. S...
Last Post: Sep 2, 2015 6:49pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.406 Wednesday 2/9/15 The Master Said: "It is God Himself who has become the physicians. Therefore one must believe all of them. But one cannot...
Views: 77   Replies: 0
Last Post: Sep 2, 2015 12:04am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
September 2, 2015 Wednesday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
2-September-2015 (Wednesday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda The Mother’s Condescension to a lowly-placed Son – 5 As the son was afraid to touch the Mother’s body, h hesitated to comply with the Mother’s suggestion. But...
Last Post: Sep 1, 2015 6:12pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.712 Tuesday 1/9/15 The Master Said to Narendra: "Have you become an experienced physician?" Quoting a Sanscrit verse he said, "He who has killed on...
Last Post: Sep 1, 2015 12:34am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
September 1, 2015 Tuesday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
1-September-2015 (Tuesday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda The Mother’s Condescension to a lowly-placed Son – 4 Everyone in the house was resting after the noonday meal. So the house was absolutely quiet. Only sometimes the sound of...
Views: 100   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 31, 2015 6:08pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna, Page 344 Monday 31/8/15 The Master said: "The first stage is that of the beginner. He studies and hears. Second is the stage of the struggling aspir...
Views: 85   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 31, 2015 12:22am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
August 31, 2015 Monday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
31-August-2015 (Monday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda The Mother’s Condescension to a lowly-placed Son – 3 Now one noon he went towards the Mother’s room for some purpose, when the Mother beckoned to him through the slightly...
Last Post: Aug 30, 2015 6:38pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna, Page 331 Sunday 30/8/15 The Master said: "The Vedantists do not accept hathayoga. There is also rAjayoga. RAjayoga describes how to achieve union wi...
Views: 89   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 30, 2015 12:05am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
August 30, 2015 Sunday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
30-August-2015 (Sunday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda The Mother’s Condescension to a lowly-placed Son – 2 He was thus visiting the Mother, keeping the intense sorrow of his heart smothered within. He did not give the slightest in...
Views: 103   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 29, 2015 11:33pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna, Page 190 Saturday 29/8/15 The Master said: "Suppose a man becomes pure by chanting the holy name of God, but immediately afterwards commits many sins...
Views: 82   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 29, 2015 2:03am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
August 29, 2015 Saturday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
29-August-2015 (Saturday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda The Mother’s Condescension to a lowly-placed Son – 1 The Mother’s unique way of fulfilling the longings of her weak children, is something wonderful to contemplate. Som...
Views: 83   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 28, 2015 6:46pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna, Page 208 Friday 28/8/15 The Master Said: "Worldly people have no grit. If they succeed in an undertaking, it is all right, but if they don't succeed,...
Last Post: Aug 28, 2015 12:04am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
August 28, 2015 Friday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
28-August-2015 (Friday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda The Mother’s Last Illness – 3 Many of the sons of the Mother could not believe that the Mother would soon leave them orphaned. For, in spite of her illness, there were signs of...
Views: 80   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 27, 2015 6:21pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna, Page 206 Thursday 27/8/15 The Master Said: "They are indeed bound souls who constantly dwell with 'woman and gold' and do not think of God even for a...
Last Post: Aug 27, 2015 12:17am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
August 27, 2015 Thursday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
27-August-2015 (Thursday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda The Mother’s Last Illness – 2 Coming to know of the Mother’s fast declining health, many of her children from distant places started coming to Calcutta to see her. The...
Last Post: Aug 26, 2015 6:43pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna, Page 205 Wednesday 26/8/15 The Master Said: "In some people spiritual consciousness has already been awakened; but they have special marks. They do n...
Last Post: Aug 26, 2015 12:21am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
August 26, 2015 Wednesday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)26-Au
26-August-2015 (Wednesday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda The Mother’s Last Illness – 1 During her stay of the past few months at Jayrambati, frequent attacks of fever shattered her health and subjected her to very great suffering....
Views: 96   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 25, 2015 6:43pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.782 Tuesday 25/8/15 The Master Said: "One time I gave up fish. At first I suffered from it; afterwards it didin't bother me much. If someone burns...
Last Post: Aug 25, 2015 12:02am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
August 25, 2015 Tuesday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
25-August-2015 (Tuesday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda The Mother as a Paramahamsa: A sensational Jagaddhatri Puja at The Mother’s House – 5 With a sweet smile playing on her lips, the Mother looked at the son and said, “It...
Views: 59   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 24, 2015 6:40pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.379 Monday 24/8/15 The Master Said: "God can be realized when a man acquires sattva. Householders engage in philanthropic work, such as charity, mo...
Views: 95   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 24, 2015 12:06am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
August 24, 2015 Monday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
24-August-2015 (Monday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda The Mother as a Paramahamsa: A sensational Jagaddhatri Puja at The Mother’s House – 4 This newly-arrived youth had brought with him for the Mother a few bananas from a tree wh...
Last Post: Aug 23, 2015 6:35pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.312 Sunday 23/8/15 The Master Said: "It is said that truthfulness alone constitutes the spiritual discipline of the Kaliyuga. If a man clings tenac...
Views: 124   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 23, 2015 12:54am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
August 23, 2015 Sunday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
23-August-2015 (Sunday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda The Mother as a Paramahamsa: A sensational Jagaddhatri Puja at The Mother’s House – 3 When they entered the village Desra, the dogs of that place started barking at them. Some...
Last Post: Aug 22, 2015 6:38pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p. 712 Saturday 22/8/15 The Master Said: In response to a question from Mahima about 'something holding us back' from spiritual progress "Why? Cut...
Views: 66   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 22, 2015 12:02am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
August 22, 2015 Saturday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
22-August-2015 (Saturday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda The Mother as a Paramahamsa: A sensational Jagaddhatri Puja at The Mother’s House – 2 After nightfall, finding the inmates of the house very much agitated, he was eager to l...
Last Post: Aug 21, 2015 6:44pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.379 Friday 21/8/15 The Master Said: "it is God alone who has planted in man's mind what the *Englishman calls free will. People who have not reali...
Last Post: Aug 21, 2015 12:03am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
August 21, 2015 Friday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
21-August-2015 (Friday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda The Mother as a Paramahamsa: A sensational Jagaddhatri Puja at The Mother’s House – 1 Many a devotee-son of hers had experienced it in his life how the Mother sometimes fulfil...
Views: 90   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 20, 2015 6:28pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.288 Thursday 20/8/15 The Master Said: In response to the question from "M", 'Should one throw away both knowledge and ignorance?' "Yes. That is...
Last Post: Aug 20, 2015 12:24am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
August 20, 2015 Thursday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
20-August-2015 (Thursday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda The Mother as a Paramahamsa: The Mother’s Anna-Prasad and Prabodh Babu – 3 The Mother was very happy to know about the good news concerning the negotiations for the piece of...
Last Post: Aug 19, 2015 6:35pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.288 Wednesday 19/8/15 The Master Said: "Rama said, 'brother, go beyond both knowledge and ignorance.' He who has knowledge has ignorance also. If...
Last Post: Aug 19, 2015 12:07am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
August 19, 2015 Wednesday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
19-August-2015 (Wedneday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda The Mother as a Paramahamsa: The Mother’s Anna-Prasad and Prabodh Babu – 2 Everybody there knew about his addiction to smoking. So sitting on a cane stool he was soon see...
Views: 92   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 18, 2015 6:31pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna, Page 186 Tuesday 18/8/15 The Master Said: One cannot be spiritual as long as one has shame, hatred or fear. Great will be the joy today [the devote...
Views: 70   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 18, 2015 12:05am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
August 18, 2015 Tuesday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
18-August-2015 (Tuesday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda The Mother as a Paramahamsa: The Mother’s Anna-Prasad and Prabodh Babu – 1 It was indeed difficult to get the Mother’s Anna-prasad or the remains of the rice after her...
Last Post: Aug 17, 2015 6:32pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.234 Monday 17/8/15 The Master Said: "But you must remember, unless one is guileless and broad-minded, one cannot have such faith. Bony people, the...
Last Post: Aug 17, 2015 12:05am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
August 17, 2015 Monday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
17-August-2015 (Monday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda The Mother as a Paramahamsa: A Birthday Celebration of The Mother – 3 A little before noon that day, when everybody in the house was attending the ceremonies connected with the birt...
Views: 79   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 16, 2015 6:42pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.1024 Sunday 16/8/15 The Master was asked: "How can I realise God". Thakur responded with: "You see, He is constantly attracting us, as a magnet attra...
Last Post: Aug 16, 2015 12:04am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
August 16, 2015 Sunday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
16-August-2015 (Sunday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda The Mother as a Paramahamsa: A Birthday Celebration of The Mother – 2 That day there were many other things that attracted our attention. I shall try to describe here only two of th...
Last Post: Aug 15, 2015 7:08pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.111 Saturday 15/8/15 "God can be realized through all paths. All religions are true. The important thing is to reach the roof. You can reach it by sto...
Views: 96   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 15, 2015 12:18am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
August 15, 2015 Saturday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
15-August-2015 (Saturday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda The Mother as a Paramahamsa: A Birthday Celebration of The Mother – 1 At Jayrambati the Mother would first feed the sons and then would sit for her own food with the women. So it...
Last Post: Aug 14, 2015 6:48pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.87 Friday 14/8/15 "If a man has faith in God, then even if he has comitted the most heinous sins - such as killing a cow, a brAhmin, or a woman - h...
Last Post: Aug 14, 2015 1:19am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
August 14, 2015 Friday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
14-August-2015 (Friday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda The Mother as a Paramahamsa: Mother’s Grace on uninitiated Disciples – 3 Another devotee, hearing from the initiated sons of the Mother about the infinite grace of hers, becam...
Last Post: Aug 13, 2015 6:41pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna, Page 196 Thursday 13/8/15 The Master Said: "Ordinary people practice spiritual discipline and cultivate devotion to God; but they also become attache...
Last Post: Aug 13, 2015 12:05am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
August 13, 2015 Thursday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
13-August-2015 (Thursday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda The Mother as a Paramahamsa: Mother’s Grace on uninitiated Disciples – 2 The consequences of the merits acquired in the past often operate in a way that puzzles the understa...
Views: 93   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 12, 2015 4:30pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna, Page 195 Wednesday 12/8/15 The Master Said: "No lie of any sort is good. A false garb, even though a holy one, is not good. If the outer garb does no...
Last Post: Aug 12, 2015 12:20am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
August 12, 2015 Wednesday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
12-August-2015 (Wednesday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda The Mother as a Paramahamsa: Mother’s Grace on uninitiated Disciples – 1 One should not think that the Mother showered her grace and affection only on those who were initia...
Last Post: Aug 11, 2015 6:40pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna, Page 192 Tuesday 11/8/15 The Master Said: "You may ask, 'How is it possible for these boys, born of worldly parents and living among the worldly-min...
Last Post: Aug 11, 2015 12:04am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
August 11, 2015 Tuesday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
11-August-2015 (Tuesday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda The Mother as a Paramahamsa: A Police Officer at The Mother’s House – 5 Though the Police still continued to keep a strict watch on Jayrambati, they did not, probably through...
Views: 81   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 10, 2015 6:48pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna, Page 191 Monday 10/8/15 The Master Said: "Some people indulge in quarrels, saying, 'One cannot attain anything unless one worships our Krishna', or,...
Views: 82   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 10, 2015 12:01am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
August 10, 2015 Monday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
10-August-2015 (Monday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda The Mother as a Paramahamsa: A Police Officer at The Mother’s House – 4 A few days after the Jagaddhatri Puja in the Bengali year 1325 (1918-19) this high-ranking officer came...
Last Post: Aug 9, 2015 6:47pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna, Page 191 Sunday 9/8/15 The Master Said: "With sincerity and earnestness one can realize God through all religions. The Vaishnavaas will realize God, so...
Last Post: Aug 9, 2015 12:08am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
August 9, 2015 Sunday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
09-August-2015 (Sunday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda The Mother as a Paramahamsa: A Police Officer at The Mother’s House – 3 The village of Jayrambati is situated in the district of Bankura. A disciple son of the Mother, Sri Bib...
Last Post: Aug 8, 2015 6:46pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna, Page 190 Saturday 8/8/15 The Master Said: "One should feel great restlessness of soul for the vision of God. Suppose a man repeats the name of God me...
Views: 109   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 8, 2015 2:36am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
August 8, 2015 Saturday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
08-August-2015 (Saturday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda The Mother as a Paramahamsa: A Police Officer at The Mother’s House – 2 Most of the visitors to Jayrambati would pass through Koalpara. The Police conducted regular enquirie...
Views: 101   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 7, 2015 6:48pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna, Page 189 Friday 7/8/15 The Master Said: "Can everyone comprehend Brahman, the Indivisible Existence-Knowledge-Biss Absolute? He alone has attained pe...
Views: 104   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 7, 2015 12:10am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
August 7, 2015 Friday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
07-August-2015 (Friday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda The Mother as a Paramahamsa: A Police Officer at The Mother’s House – 1 While on the subject of Police vigilance at Jayrambati, it is necessary to narrate an incident that too...
Views: 105   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 6, 2015 6:49pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna, Page 189 Thursday 6/8/15 The Master Said: "Ordinary people do not recognize the advent of an Incarnation of God. He comes in secret. Only a few of Hi...
Views: 106   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 6, 2015 12:05am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
August 6, 2015 Thursday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
06-August-2015 (Thursday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda The Mother as a Paramahamsa: Molestation of the Mother’s Disciples by the Police – 4 There was one aspect of the episode which especially touched the heart of some of those...
Last Post: Aug 5, 2015 6:57pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna, Page 189 Wednesday 5/8/15 The Master Said: "In the PurAna it is said that it was if a hundred suns were shining when RAma entered the court. Why, the...
Views: 83   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 5, 2015 12:04am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
August 5, 2015 Wednesday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
05-August-2015 (Wednesday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda The Mother as a Paramahamsa: Molestation of the Mother’s Disciples by the Police – 3 Although no untoward incident happened at that time, after a few months the Inspector i...
Views: 113   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 4, 2015 6:16pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna, Page 189 Tuesday 4/8/15 The Master Said: "People worship God according to their tastes and temperaments. The mother cooks the same fish differently...
Views: 107   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 4, 2015 12:03am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
August 4, 2015 Tuesday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
04-August-2015 (Tuesday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda The Mother as a Paramahamsa: Molestation of the Mother’s Disciples by the Police – 2 At that time the Police were keeping a secret watch both at Jayramnati and at the Koalpar...
Last Post: Aug 3, 2015 6:42pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Monday 3/8/15 Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.243 The Master Said: "There are two schools of thought: the VedAnta and the PurAna. According to the VedAnta this world is a 'framewor...
Last Post: Aug 3, 2015 1:21am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
August 3, 2015 Monday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
03-August-2015 (Monday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda The Mother as a Paramahamsa: Molestation of the Mother’s Disciples by the Police – 1 A son of the Mother, staying at Jayrambati for two or three years, became very ill with ma...
Last Post: Aug 2, 2015 6:42pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna, Page 186 Sunday 2/8/15 The Master Said: "Yes, surely one can see God. One can see both aspects of God - God with form and without form. One can see...
Last Post: Aug 2, 2015 12:03am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna, Page 186 Saturday 1/8/15 The Master Said: "One should not reason too much; it is enough if one loves the Lotus Feet of the Mother. Too much reasoning...
Views: 114   Replies: 0
Last Post: Aug 1, 2015 12:28am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.183 Friday 31/7/15 The Master Said: "Why doesn't God free us from the world? Ah, He will free us when the disease is cured. He will liberate us fro...
Last Post: Jul 31, 2015 12:39am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.183 Thursday 30/7/15 The Master Said: "The world is the field of action. Through action one acquires knowledge. The guru instructs the disciple to...
Last Post: Jul 30, 2015 12:07am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.183 Wednesday 29/7/15 The Master Said: "RAga-bhakti is pure love of God, a love that seeks God alone and not any worldly end. PrahlAda had it. Sup...
Views: 99   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 29, 2015 12:15am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
July 29, 2015 Wednesday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
29-July-2015 (Wednesday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda The Mother as a Paramahamsa: Mother’s Reaction to the Story of Dhruva – 2 Soon there came another incident. The five year old boy Dhruva was ready to go to the forest to invo...
Last Post: Jul 28, 2015 6:41pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.183 Tuesday 28/7/15 The Master Said: "God cannot remain unmoved if you have rAga-bhakti, that is, love of God, with passionate attachment to Him....
Last Post: Jul 28, 2015 12:03am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
s
Satwik
July 28, 2015 Tuesday: Mother As I Saw Her (Being Reminiscences of Holy Mother Sarada Devi)
28-July-2015 (Tuesday) Mother As I Saw Her – Swami Saradeshananda The Mother as a Paramahamsa: Mother’s Reaction to the Story of Dhruva – 1 Here is another incident which shows how much the sorrows and sufferings of others actually entered th...
Views: 107   Replies: 0
Last Post: Jul 27, 2015 6:43pm
by Satwik
Greetings! This is our Daily Sri Ramakrishna Quote: Excerpted from the Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna p.181 Monday 27/7/15 The Master Said: "All the sins of the body fly away if one chants the name of God and sings his glories. The birds of sin dwell...
Last Post: Jul 27, 2015 1:46am
by Nahabat Web Admi...
17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26