Loglines

Writers pitch your screenplays.  Producers browse for un-optioned spec screenplays.

Post Your Loglines Here
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
biopic- Ricky Nelson

In 2012, my book about Ricky Nelson was published. It is called Rick Nelson: Rock and Roll Pioneer. My research included conducting numerous interviews with relatives, producers, musicians, and actors as well as citing archived interviews with Nelson and book excerpts. His ex wife Kristin and his aunt Connie Harper Nelson both rallied behind the book. I have received countless critical praise. Many stating that it's the best book ever written about him. It has been my dream to turn that book into a movie script. However, I don't know how to write a script or have the money to hire someone to write one for me. I am hoping that a producer will see this and decide to run with the project. In the 1950s and early 1960s, Nelson was second only to Elvis Presley in popularity, record sales, and hit songs. During his career, he charted fifty-four times in Billboard. His family's television program, The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet, helped catapult him to stardom, and it ran for fourteen seasons. Nelson is the premier artist to record country rock, preceding albums by The Byrds, Buffalo Springfield, and The Eagles. His legacy hasn't gotten the respect or recognition that many of his contemporaries have, most notably Presley. I feel it is long overdue for Nelson to have a biopic done about his life, presented on the big screen. There have been television documentaries and television movies, but never a cinema adaptation. He has thousands of fans, and I am sure many others would embrace his music if they were to hear it. As with Baz Luhrmann's Elvis, there's a high potential to enlarge his fan base.