​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
March 14, 1975/So Well Remembered

Today is the 28th anniversary of Susan Hayward's death. I think she would be very touched to know that she is so well remembered...so lovingly remembered. Maybe she does know...who can explain all the mysteries around us? Thanks to

film and video she continues to give of her talents and we continue to enjoy and learn from her. ~~Peace~~...Ginger

Re: March 14, 1975/So Well Remembered

Yes Ginger, that about sums it up and I can merely endorse your comments. As you say, via the wonderful medium of film, her work, her image, and a sense of her persona are virtually immortalised. I also find that like many original Baby Boomers who could always recall what they were doing when they heard of the J.F.K.assassination, I can still clearly remember where I was at the time I first heard of her death.

I'm sure that she does indeed R.I.P.

Kerry

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Today is the 28th anniversary of Susan Hayward's death. I think she would be very touched to know that she is so well remembered...so lovingly remembered. Maybe she does know...who can explain all the mysteries around us? Thanks to

film and video she continues to give of her talents and we continue to enjoy and learn from her. ~~Peace~~...Ginger

Ginger, I'm sure people like you and me who love Susan Haywards' work, never forget her talent! When I watch a movie starring by her it brings me lovely memories from my Dad and his movie theather!

Whatever Susan is she knows we remember and miss her.

Replying to:

Re: Re: March 14, 1975/So Well Remembered

I was watching I WANT TO LIVE! on Turner yesterday morning and thinking that this was shown one day eariler than it should have been, in their month of Oscar's, since today would have been Susan's anniversary of leaving us.

Thoughts of where you were when you heard of her death will

always be with me. Also when they showed the close up of her

hands clinging to the arms of the chair, as she sat in the

gas chamber in I WANT TO LIVE!...I always thought of how different her hands looked on her last tv appearance with

Charlton Heston, at the Oscar cermonie. They were not the same hands, because of all the illness she was going through.

I just burst out crying, if I see the hands in that film and

the image of her hands on the Oscar's.

It is impossible for me to watch WITH A SONG IN MY HEART on

this date. I've tried it before and it is way too much to go

through! I think I will have to find another type of film of

her's to watch tonite, as I always do on this date....so I'm

thinking more on the line of....ADAM HAD FOUR SONS...and see

her making SPARKS FLY for everyone involved! Oh, yes, that's

the SUSAN...I need to see tonite...

God Bless you, dear Susan, wherever you are....

Replying to:

Yes Ginger, that about sums it up and I can merely endorse your comments. As you say, via the wonderful medium of film, her work, her image, and a sense of her persona are virtually immortalised. I also find that like many original Baby Boomers who could always recall what they were doing when they heard of the J.F.K.assassination, I can still clearly remember where I was at the time I first heard of her death.

Kerry

Replying to:

I am remembering a time in Pensacola, Florida, in the 50's, when I took my mother to see a midnight showing of "With A Song In My Heart". It was at the Sanger Theater. It was not uncommon, during the 40's and 50's, for a theater to have a sneak preview, (as it was called), at midnight.

I remember how much my mother and I enjoyed seeing the movie, and of course, I went back the following week, when it had it's regular showing, and saw it again, and again, as I have with mose of Susan's films.

Many years later, while living in Atlanta, I had the pleasure of styling her hair, when she could come into town from Carleton. She was indeed, a very lovely and gracious lady, with so much spirit!

Like all of her fans, I'll keep her in my heart and mind for all time. Evwen though I am 72 years old, and getting older, Susan will always remain young and beautful to me!

Larry D

Replying to:

I couldn't focus on my work today and didn't know why. Something was bothering me: of course, the day Susan died! I recall that, when it happened, I was not only heartbroken but angered that the national media could devote more time to Aristotle Onassis' death (on the 15th) than Susan's. To me, as well as so many others, he was a sleeze; a man who killed whales to put their skins on the stools at the bar of his yacht, The Christina; a man who defrauded the U.S. Government. That someone with no principles could usurp Susan Hayward in the national conscience -- a woman of heart, courage, strength and character was, to me, despicable. Now, 28 years later, I still feel that way. Like so many who loved her, I miss her as much now as then. Thanks for remembering, Ginger. And for honoring her.

Replying to:

My Dear Susan, we all miss you very much. There

is no other actress in world that can compare to

your talent, beauty, loyalty, gracious and I can go on and on. You left us too soon, Susan; but we have your wonderful films to remember you by. I love you probably more today then ever. Your a great lady and a great STAR. Isn't

this a truly terrific web-site..all in YOUR HONOR..rest in peace and we're thinking about you all the time. LOVE Ray

Replying to:

Re: Re: Re: March 14, 1975/So Well Remembered

I recently watched "Say Goodbye Maggie Cole" on video & found it hard to believe that 3 short years later Susan would pass away. It's funny that Erroll should mention her hands, because the scene in "Maggie Cole" where she clutched Lisa's (Michele Downey) hand always struck me as an old woman's hands, yet her face was still so pretty & her figure still attractive. She definately left us too soon, but accomplished so much while she was here. RIP to my fellow "Brooklynite".

Replying to:

I was watching I WANT TO LIVE! on Turner yesterday morning and thinking that this was shown one day eariler than it should have been, in their month of Oscar's, since today would have been Susan's anniversary of leaving us.

gas chamber in I WANT TO LIVE!...I always thought of how different her hands looked on her last tv appearance with

Charlton Heston, at the Oscar cermonie. They were not the same hands, because of all the illness she was going through.

Replying to:

Kerry

Replying to:

Re: Re: Re: March 14, 1975/So Well Remembered

Easy for me to remember, 4 days after my birthday. Time passes for us so quickly, it sure does not seem like it has been that many years.

Yes, she is still remembered by many, and here, Susan had thought that she would not be remembered after she was gone. How wrong she was. I'm sure her spirit knows now, that she is still revered by many. She is probably saying, in that tone of voice we all still remember in a comical way, "Hey, you know, I really did do some good out there". And yes, I can hear, in my mind, her saying that, just as if she was standing right in front of me. And I can picture the look on her face, too, with that famous Hayward kind of wink. I can't say I remember all these little things of others, but she is one that we can. Forgotten?? I can imagine her saying,"Heck, no! I'm just getting started!!"

I think we all miss her and wonder about the roles she would be doing today. Even with a few years added on there, she still would be box office draw.

dave.

Replying to:

Replying to:

Kerry

Replying to:

Re: Re: Re: Re: March 14, 1975/So Well Remembered

Thank you Ginger for this web site which honours the legacy of eternal star Susan Hayward.

She will never be forgotten."she wanted to live,with a song in her heart".

A star ia a star is a star.

Replying to:

I recently watched "Say Goodbye Maggie Cole" on video & found it hard to believe that 3 short years later Susan would pass away. It's funny that Erroll should mention her hands, because the scene in "Maggie Cole" where she clutched Lisa's (Michele Downey) hand always struck me as an old woman's hands, yet her face was still so pretty & her figure still attractive. She definately left us too soon, but accomplished so much while she was here. RIP to my fellow "Brooklynite".

Replying to:

Replying to:

Kerry

Replying to: