​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
June 30th/Church Street/Brooklyn,NY

Susan would have been 86 years old today! It's hard to imagine, isn't it! Yet, there are still some glamourous female stars left who worked during those Golden Years of Hollywood. A couple that come to mind are Olivia de Havilland and Audrey Totter. Audrey Totter was in a film with Susan, "The Saxon Charm." Audrey appears at film festivals from time to time and the last I heard is still well and active. I like to think of Susan living a long and healthy life and being able to "take us back" as Olivia and Audrey sometimes do....writing her own bio, giving talks about the old days on TCM or giving a Barbara Walters interview! Of course, it wasn't meant to be and we all somehow feel cheated....just pausing to remember....Ginger

Re: June 30th/Church Avenue/Brooklyn,NY

Happy Birthday Edythe Marrenner (R.I.P.)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Susan would have been 86 years old today! It's hard to imagine, isn't it! Yet, there are still some glamourous female stars left who worked during those Golden Years of Hollywood. A couple that come to mind are Olivia de Havilland and Audrey Totter. Audrey Totter was in a film with Susan, "The Saxon Charm." Audrey appears at film festivals from time to time and the last I heard is still well and active. I like to think of Susan living a long and healthy life and being able to "take us back" as Olivia and Audrey sometimes do....writing her own bio, giving talks about the old days on TCM or giving a Barbara Walters interview! Of course, it wasn't meant to be and we all somehow feel cheated....just pausing to remember....Ginger

Re: June 30th/Church Street/Brooklyn,NY

I agree that SUSAN stood out, in every movie she ever did!

A very talented lady she was.

The proof is that so many many people still remember scenes in her movies.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY SUSAN HAYWARD!!!!!

Replying to:

Re: Re: June 30th/Church Avenue/Brooklyn,NY

WOW! Ginger, you just put a wonderful thought out there. I wonder WHAT kind of a bio Susan would have written? I wish that could have happened and then maybe she could have straightened out a lot of those things on people not understanding her. Since she wasn't one of the 'party girl's'

we would have been given some real hard, raw facts about some of these jealous women who got to the top, the wrong way

Now that would have been a bio we all would have liked!!

Replying to:

Happy Birthday Edythe Marrenner (R.I.P.)

Replying to: