​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Gues This Quote

This was a quote from someone about Susan. It was in describing her as "having the soul of a ballet dancer and the appetite of a truck driver."

Who said it?

Re: Gues This Quote

I am amazed that nobody could figure out who made this quote about Susan. Put your thinking caps on, and I'll give you another day.

THINK!!!!

Re: Re: Gues This Quote

Well Gloria - here I lie prostrate before my computer, penitent and contrite, swathed in sackcloth and ashes and awash with self reproachment, remorse and compunction as I am unable to recall who uttered that rather good quote.

Banishing images of Margot Fonteyn in a tutu driving a rig, still has not brought the quote author to mind.

Hopefully someone will get the answer,but I can only await revelation.

Kerry

Re: Re: Re: Gues This Quote

Not too famiiar with the entire Susan Hayward Canon--so I'm not hip on all the quotes

Oh, and does anyone else get the creeps when the person on the "dynamic talking characters for your website" ad blinks, looks around and starts talking.

Gloria.. I've heard/read the quote ...but I can't put a name to it yet..Okay, give me another 24 hours.. PLEEZE..ha..Thanks Ginger

Re: Re: Re: Re: Gues This Quote

Cathy.. I agree.. it's annoying.. but those advertisements go with the territory....the price of a FREE messageboard. ...Ginger

Re: Re: Re: Gues This Quote

Sorry, Gloria.. I guess I have to give up on this one.
I know I'll be kicking myself when I hear the answer...Ginger

Re: Gues This Quote

Kerry and Ginger, I cannot cause you any more grief. Think about it this way: who would know Susan well enough to know her eating habits? Someone who dined with her once or twice would not make a statement like that. So it had to be somebody with whom she lived, like a son or husband, correct? Since we've never heard anything about her from her son Gregory (at least so far as I know), and I doubt that her son Timothy would refer to her that way, that leaves her husbands.

I don't think Eaton would have spoken that way, which leaves hubbo # 1, Jess Barker, to be exact.

(Kerry, step away from that computer this minute. I'm worried about your state of mind. Please forgive me for causing you such consternation!)

Gloria.. I couldn't see the forest for the trees..

10 lashes with a wet noodle for Kerry and me..

Ginger

Of course - Jess Barker. Ginger and I will accept our damp noodle lashes bravely.

Kerry