​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
THE SUSAN HAYWARD TOUR

Hi
I've put together a list of notable addresses in Susan
Hayward's life that I call the Susan Hayward Tour. I
know that its not complete, but i'll continue to add
to it. I hope you like it.
Take care
Bob

THE SUSAN HAYWARD TOUR

BROOKLYN, NEW YORK
3507 CHURCH AVENUE
She was born in the family apartment on June 30 1917

2568 BEDFORD AVENUE

21st STREET
Six - room apartment

LOS ANGELES
LASKY DRIVE - BEVERLY HILLS
Susan and her sister lived in a run down apartment in a
seedy part of town for a month and a half.

1938 - 1943
IRVING - HOLLYWOOD
Lived in an apartment that was close to Paramount.

PICO AND LA CIENEGA
Susan moved her mother into a duplex apartment.

1943 - 1946
THE TOWNSEND HOTEL - WILSHIRE BLVD - HWOOD
Lived in an apartment here.

AUGUST 10
She put her hands and feet in cement at Grauman's Chinese Theater - Hollywood Blvd.

1946 - 1955
LONGRIDGE AVENUE - SHERMAN OAKS
In 1955 she moved two houses down.
3801 LONGRIDGE AVENUE - SHERMAN OAKS

202 SUNSET BLVD - CARROLLTON, GEORGIA
Moved into the the 75 year old red painted farmhouse
of her husband's, Eaton Chalkley, that sat on 300
acres. In 1959 the bought a retirement in
Fort Lauderdale.

They built a new house that was complete in 1957
SUNSET BLVD. - CARROLLTON, GEORGIA

1961 - 1966
HEFLIN, ALABAMA
CHALKMAR FARMS
Susan bought a 600 acre ranch/ farm for Chalkley. It cost $50,000 to renovate
the main farmhouse and another $25,000 to build an air - conditioned barn. After
her husband's death in 1966 she sold the Sunset Blvd house and Chalkmar farm.
She moved permanently to their home at 220 Nermi Drive in Fort Lauderdale, Fla.

FORT LAUDERDALE, FLA.
1965 - 1969
220 NERMI DRIVE
1969 - 1971
333 SUNSET DRIVE
THE FOUR SEASONS
She had a condo here

1301 BELFAST - BEVERLY HILLS
SUSAN LIVED HERE IN THE 1970s.

1972 - 1975 (Her death)
1460 LAUREL CANYON WAY - BEVERLY HILLS

(Year not known as yet)
1245 NORTH VINE STREET - HOLLYWOOD
THE VILLA ELAINE
(Thanks Errol for the info)

RELATED ADDRESSES

BEACHWOOD AND FRANKLIN AVENUE - HOLLYWOOD
FLORENCE MARRENNER
Susan's sister lived in an apartment here.

4555 N. FIGUEROA STREET - LOS ANGELES
FLORENCE MARRENNER DIETRICH - 1910-1996
Susan's sister lived in a shabby apartment in a seedy
area.

Re: THE SUSAN HAYWARD TOUR

Bob, this is fascinating work. Thank you so much. The information regarding Florence is also very interesting. I appreciate you posting the information......Ginger

Re: Re: THE SUSAN HAYWARD TOUR

The list is great! I'd like to add an address for Wally Marrenner (Susan's brother): 400 So. Hauser Blvd., #10G, Los Angeles, Calif. 90036.

Re: Re: Re: THE SUSAN HAYWARD TOUR

Hi Blooey
Thank you for your response and added address. Do you know
when her brother lived at this address and is he still
alive? My information on sister Florence was found in the
book "Red" and on this message board and I want to thank
both for their help.
Take care
Bob

Re: Re: Re: Re: THE SUSAN HAYWARD TOUR

Hi Bob. According to ancestry.com, Walter passed away in 1986. "Inside Edition" recently ran a story about people who have unclaimed funds & property. I went to their website (www.insideedition.com) & clicked on the link "Do You Have Money Waiting For You?", then I clicked on the link for California. I typed in his name & that's how I found out his last address. (I suggest everyone check out that site to see if they've got unclaimed fund$ somewhere!!)...Steven

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: THE SUSAN HAYWARD TOUR

HI BOb...Did you ever get the email response I sent you on Susan living at The Villa Elaine. Since I don't have the records, myself, I did tell you, in the email, that I think it had to be during the years she was under contract to Paramount and was loaned out to RKO.

The reason for feeling it was at that time, is because Paramount was at Melrose and Gower...not a huge distance from Fountain & Vine (Villa Elaine) and during the years she was loaned out to RKO, the RKO studios were located at Fountain & Vine..(one half block from Villa Elaine) In fact, this RKO studio was then bought by Desi-Lu (Desi Aranaz..Lucille Ball) then later, sold to ABC...when they bought the smaller RKO studio, which sits between the Paramount lot on Melrose Ave.

Now...this ABC studio/Desi-Lu studio/RKO studio is also the SAME studio...where, years later, Susan would appear on the Joey Bishop Show.

Thinking it over now, I can see that maybe those memories were going through Susan's mind, that night when I met her. She had stood in that hallway, looking off...in deep thought...then her whole face seemed to glow with happiness and she was smiling.
(see Joey Bishop article in Ginger's site)

Wish I had exact dates for The Villa Elaine, but alas, I don't...but I am not making it up, that she lived there. The records were still kept there, when I first moved in...and that was years later..early 60's.

Errol

Re: THE SUSAN HAYWARD TOUR

Since I live in L.A. I found it interesting to know about these addresses. The one in Sherman Oaks I have always known about and every time I was in that area and saw Longridge Ave., I would think about her infamous escapades at that address.

I drive by Hauser all the time on the way to work and will look for the exact address. As far as Pico and La Cienega goes, I don't believe there are any apartments there now. I pass by there all the time and it is pretty built up, with a video store on one corner and a gas station, I think, on the other. But I will check it out the next time I drive by.

Anyway, it is great to be able to check these things out in person.

Re: Re: Re: Re: THE SUSAN HAYWARD TOUR/Walter Marrenner

FYI,

Walled died in 1986. He was living near Fairfax and 3rd. in LA.

Tim Barker