​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
GET 'EM...BEFORE THEIR ALL GONE...DVD OF "TULSA" FOR $1.00 AT WALMART>>>

I could have died!!! I was just getting ready to check out with my WAL-MART wares...when I noticed two big stands filled with DVD movies for $1.00 each>

These are NOT...in the movie dept. of the WAL-MART stores. They are in stands up by the check-out counters...so if you live in an area that has WAL-MART
you might want to check out the films on sale right now for $1.00 EACH.

There was "TULSA"..big as life, with color pic of SUSAN and ROBERT PRESTON on the cover! Of course I bough it and a few others...

CAPTIAN KIDD with CHARLES LAUGHTON..RANDOLPH SCOTT
DICK TRACY MEETS GRUESOME..BORIS KARLOFF..RALPH BYRD
THE BIG CAT...LON MC CALLISTER..FORREST TUCKER
THE LORETTA YOUNG SHOW...(TV)
and a whole bunch of CLASSIC CARTOONS..BUGS BUNNY, MIGHTY MOUSE, POPYE, TWEETY/SYLVESTER.

There were other titles there, but I didn't go any further than these!!

THE LUCY SHOW
BONNANZA
MARY TYLER MOORE
OZZIE & HARRIETT
MR. AND MRS. NORTH
DIVORCE HIS/HERS...TAYLOR/BURTON
JAMES DEAN
THE BOWERY BOYS MOVIES
BURNS & ALLEN
and many more.....

I don't know how long these will be on a $1.00 sale, but I figure you can't go wrong with that price for a film or some wonderful TV moments from the good ole years.

I have TULSA on vhs...but anytime I can get a Susan on DVD...I will get it...no matter what!

Errol

Re: GET 'EM...BEFORE THEIR ALL GONE...DVD OF "TULSA" FOR $1.00 AT WALMART>>>

Errol, thanks a bunch for the Wal-Mart tip. I love those old television shows and movies and it's neat to get them for such a great price on dvd -- especially Susan's!

Re: Re: GET 'EM...BEFORE THEIR ALL GONE...DVD OF "TULSA" FOR $1.00 AT WALMART>>>

Yeh! Errol, how are you? These DVD's are great for only one buck. What a steel! I found some also at-- would you believe it....A DOLLAR STORE$, also at Family Dollar Store and Walgreen's. I got so excited when I saw some with Susan., ofcourse I grabbed them because they were going FAST!!! I bought "Tulsa" just like you did, even thou I have it on VHS. I also got "Snows of Kilimanjaro" has a large picture of Greg Peck and a small pic of Susan. There were some old western shows that I also couldn't pass up. I grew up with all those great westerns on TV, when they were filmed with innocence and fun, with no violence. Like The Lone Ranger and the Cisco Kid.
Those sure were the good old days.

Re: Re: Re: GET 'EM...BEFORE THEIR ALL GONE...DVD OF "TULSA" FOR $1.00 AT WALMART>>>

Hey Ray!! Well...like you, I had to get others, so I made another trip, yesterday, and picked up some more, because they had added MORE titles!!!

I got one that was filmed here in so. Utah around Bryce Canyon and Cedar Breaks. It's THE BIG CAT, which I remember seeing as a child, but now that I am living in the very area, it means more than it did when I first saw it.

Not a bad film either...LON MC CALLISTER, PRESTON FOSTER, FORREST TUCKER and PEGGY ANN GARNER.

I also picked up THE LORETTA YOUNG SHOW from TV. Have not watched it yet...but will tomorrow. I may make another trip, since I didn't think there would be MORE new titles. You can get a lot of films at $1.00 for what you would pay for ONE at the higher price and as you and Ginger said...Good to have a chance to see these 'memories' again...and again...

Errol

Re: Re: Re: Re: GET 'EM...BEFORE THEIR ALL GONE...DVD OF "TULSA" FOR $1.00 AT WALMART>>>

I went to Walmart today, but there were no copies of "Tulsa" in the $1.00 bargain bin. :(

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: GET 'EM...BEFORE THEIR ALL GONE...DVD OF "TULSA" FOR $1.00 AT WALMART>>>

I checked out the wal-mart bin yesterday and they were 88 cents each! yay.. I bought 12 but none of them were anything Susan Hayward is in.. however.. they are fun dvds...The Loretta Young Show, The Bob Cummings Show, Burns and Allen, and Mr. and Mrs. North are among some of the shows I bought...also, a Bela Lugosi movie about gorilla in Brooklyn.. ha.. can't wait to see that one! LOL.. and a Terry Moore called "Beneath the 12 Mile Reef" which I think I saw a long time ago....what fun! Thanks Errol, for the original alert!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: GET 'EM...BEFORE THEIR ALL GONE...DVD OF "TULSA" FOR $1.00 AT WALMART>>>

Yes..Ginger...I remember that Terry Moore film. It was in the movies shown at our hometown theatre in the first month, after they had put in CinemaScope.
It also stars ROBERT WAGNER and GILBERT ROLAND. They were doing a lot of publicity, at the time, trying to build on the film, by saying there was a big romance between Terry and RJ...HA!