​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Susan Hayward/Additional Photos/No. 1

click above...

Re: Susan Hayward/Additional Photos/No. 1

Ginger,

Lovely pic - it looks as though it could be from "Smash-up". What do you think?

Trish

Re: Susan Hayward/Additional Photos/No. 1

I believe you're correct, Trish. This outfit looks like the one Susan wore in Smash-Up when Ken bought her the new pent house and took her to show her their new home together. Right?

Re: Re: Susan Hayward/Additional Photos/No. 1

Hi Trish and Ray,....I hadn't noticed that the photo was from Smash-Up but you both are probably right. I'll check it out next time I watch the film.. Thanks!

Re: Re: Re: Susan Hayward/Additional Photos/No. 1

I was looking through some of my old Scrapbooks of Susan today and came across a very similar picture to this one. It is just a cutting from a magazine but Susan is photographed full length holding a handbag. I will detail the caption below :

"Smart navy and white checked wool suit above has clever manipulation of the pattern. Susan's hat is a softly draped brown felt and she wears brown accessories".

It didn't mention "Smash-up" but I am pretty sure she was wearing this in the scene Ray described.

The only thing I immediately thought was that I doubt whether anyone these days would team brown with a navy and white check! Styles have certainly changed but I did love the forties and fifties look - especially the evening dresses of the forties.

Trish

Re: Re: Re: Re: Susan Hayward/Additional Photos/No. 1

Trish, thanks for the info and I'm with you regarding the 40's fashions (and music)!! If I had it to do over again, I'd choose to be a young adult in the 40's. I love the fashions. Everyone loved to go out and DRESS UP..Many of the evening gowns were so classical in design that they could be worn today and still be in fashion.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Susan Hayward/Additional Photos/No. 1

Ginger and Trish:

As always, thanks for the pictures. I have to admit I was taken aback by the brown accessories to navy and white, but if Susan wore them, they had to look marvelous.

Incidentally, I love Susan's upswept hairdo in the picture of her with Heston. Do you know what the awards ceremony was? Did it have anything to do with "The President's Lady?"

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Susan Hayward/Additional Photos/No. 1

Gloria, I was thinking perhaps this was the awards ceremony the following year that Susan won for I Want To Live..didn't Heston win it for Ben Hur that year?, and because Susan had won the best actress the previous year, more than likely she would have been the one to present the Best Actor award...well, this is pure speculation on my part, but it makes sense. I'll research it a little further.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Susan Hayward/Additional Photos/No. 1

Ginger,

I think you are exactly right. I have seen one or two more pictures of Susan and Charlton Heston at the occasion of the Oscars the year he won for Ben Hur. Off the top of my head I think the movie won 11 altogether. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Trish