​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
PLEASE....ISN'T...IT...ABOUT...TIME...>>>

I have written to TURNER CLASSIC MOVIES before, on the subject of a month decidated to SUSAN, like they have done on so many others. Even co-stars have been reconized, but not our SUSAN...YET!

I wish you would all email TCM and beg them to give our SUSAN, her month as STAR OF THE MONTH. The only thing I can think of, as to why they haven't already done this, may be that her films are still tied up at 20th and they don't have the films.

Then...with 20th, they only show..over and over again
DEMETRIUS AND THE GLADIATORS, I'D CLIMB THE HIGHEST MOUNTAIN and DAVID AND BATHSHEBA. WHITE WITCH DOCTOR was finally put on the 20th channel and GARDEN OF EVIL
but there are sooo many other SUSAN films that many people are missing out on.

And...no matter where you go...you hardly ever see WITH A SONG IN MY HEART..(although that was shown on TCM a few times.)

Just a thought...if anyone wants to follow though on it...TCM.COM

Thanks...Errol

Re: PLEASE....ISN'T...IT...ABOUT...TIME...>>>

Yes Errol...It isw time...

i have written so manby times to TCM without getting an answer....Now they have published a book with the 50 greatest leading ladies ever ...and fortunately our Susan is included...

I write everywhere I can:Twenty century fox among others:They should have done a DVD series on Susan Hayward since a long time....I have been also asking them why there are so few of her filmsreleased on DVD...No answer

And yet what great material does FOX have for a DVD tribute to the redhead!:

"I can get it for you wholesale","With a song in my heart"(of course),"The president's lady","Garden of evil","Untamed","Soldier of fortune"....It would make a wonderful Susan hayward DVD box.

i have heard that "I'll cry tomorrow " will be released later this year on DVD.Is it confirmed?

All the best to all Susan fans.

Phil from Amsterdam.

Re: Re: PLEASE....ISN'T...IT...ABOUT...TIME...>>>

I have heard that Fox is the worst at releasing DVDs. Unfortunately for us Susan fans. Yuck. I can't wait for "I'll Cry Tomorrow" to be released. I will beat a path to the video store posthaste.

Coincidentally, I work for an advertising agency and Fox is one of our main clients.

Keep the faith.

Jill

Re: PLEASE....ISN'T...IT...ABOUT...TIME...>>>

Errol, I appreciate that you mentioned "With A Song in My Heart." I gather that is NOT available to the general public. Am I correct on that? Loved that movie and really would like to have it in my own library of old movies. Thanks, Sylvia Baker P.S. I used to be a Jones! [:)