​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Visiting Carrollton June 30th

Hello everyone,

At long last I am planning on having a dream fulfilled by visiting Susan's grave in Carrollton - arriving there on June 29th and leaving on 1st July. I would be so pleased if anyone else is thinking of celebrating Susan's birthday and her life by being there on her Special Day as maybe we could get in touch there.

Since Susan passed away I have longed to make this journey to pay my respects to her and it would be especially nice if I could meet another admirer or a Carrollton resident who met Susan during the time she lived there.

Trish

Re: Visiting Carrollton June 30th

Trish, I am so happy that you are going to be able to visit Carrollton. I had the opportunity to visit Susan's gravesite about 22 years ago. My husband and two children were with me. My daughter, Kelly, remembers it vividly. She was only about 6 years old at the time.

I hope someone from Carrollton sees your message and that you will be able to meet up with someone who remembers when Susan was there.

We will all look forward to hearing about your experience.

Re: Visiting Carrollton June 30th

AROUND NOVEMBER 11TH, 2004, I LOCATED THE LOCATION OF MISS HAYWARD'S BURIAL. THE PRIMARY NAME AT THE CEMETARY WAS "MRS. EATON CHALKLEY," EVEN THOUGH HER NAME, SUSAN HAYWARD, DOES APPEAR IN SMALLER LETTERS. A GENTLEMAN AND HIS WIFE WERE PLACING SMALL AMERICAN FLAGS ON THE GRAVESITES OF PEOPLE BURIED THERE IN COMMERATION OF THE UPCOMING VETERANS DAY. THIS LOCATION IS AT A SMALL CATHOLIC CHURCH OUTSIDE OF CARROLLTON. I DID NOT GET THE MAN'S NAME, BUT HE KNEW SUSAN HAYWARD. I HAD STOPPED IN THE TOWN OF CARROLLTON, AND A HARDWARE MERCHANT IN TOWN REMEMBERED MISS HAYWARD AND HER FREQUENT SHOPPING TRIPS INTO THE TOWN. THE GENTLEMAN PLACING THE FLAGS TOLD ME THAT A SMALL HOUSE JUST ACROSS THE ROAD FROM THE CATHOLIC CHURCH HAD BEEN A GUEST HOUSE OF THE CHALKLEYS WHEN THEY LIVED THERE. I WANTED VERY BADLY TO GO DOWN THE ROAD TO THE MAIN HOUSE, BUT I FEARED THAT I WOULD BE INTRUDING. HOWEVER, PEOPLE IN THE TOWN RECALL MISS HAYWARD, AND THEY DID RECALL HER.

IF YOU KNOW WHERE I CAN GET A COPY OF THE ACTUAL LILLAIN ROTH APPEARANCE ON THIS IS YOUR LIFE, I WOULD BE GRATEFL.