​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Susan Hayward Films On DVD

Hi everyone, I may be repeating what someone else has posted, but just in case.. this is to let you know that I was checking through my netflix account today and realized that the following Susan Hayward films are available through netflix on dvd.I'm not sure about the War On The Homefront/series.. a 6 disc series.. this may be one of the Hayward film shorts included in this series...?? anyway.. here is the list which might be helpful. I'm guessing they can be purchased at places other than netflix.

Adam Had Four Sons (1941) U

Beau Geste (1939) N

Clark Gable Collection: Soldier of Fortune (1955)

Demetrius and the Gladiators (1954)

The Fighting Seabees (1944)

House of Strangers (1949)

I Want to Live! (1958)

Jack London (1943)

John Wayne: American Icon (3-Disc Series) (1940)

My Favorite Blonde / Star Spangled Rhythm (1942)

Reap the Wild Wind (1942)

Smash-Up: The Story of a Woman (1947)

The Snows of Kilimanjaro (1952)

Tulsa (1949)

WWII: War on the Homefront (6-Disc Series) (1941)

I've never seen Star Spangled Rhythmm so I'm definitely purchasing that one although I think Susan's appearance is brief.

Re: Susan Hayward Films On DVD

Hello...
Susan's "Skirmish on the Home Front" short was made in 1944 at Paramount. Our pal Trish informed me that it is included at the end of the film "Bringing Up Baby" the comedy with Cary Grant as an added feature. The film can be purchased at Movies Unlimited. com
"Star Spangled Rhythm" is an uplifting musical/comedy.
Even thou Susan appeared in one scene, it is still considered one of her movie milestones. It was on cable in 1991, which I did tape for my collection. As we all probably know Susan was used as an extra in Bette"s Davis's "The Sisters", just knowing that Susan was used as a telephone operator., I had to get this film. Susan was suppose to be in "Hollywood Hotel" I've heard that she was never in that film, while others say she was. It is not listed on her movie milestones. Can anyone reflect on this one? Thanks.

Re: Re: Susan Hayward Films On DVD

Hello everyone,

I am sorry to have to correct our pal Ray as I may have misinformed him but the Susan "short" movie which is included in the Special Edition of Bringing Up Baby is Campus Cinderella.
The cheapest price for this DVD is from Amazon @ $13.77.

I have been unable to purchase this so far as I can only find it available to play on Region 1 DVD players so have to wait for a Code Free listing for the U.K.

I do have the Susan "short" Letter From Bataan which is on U.S. Battle & American Morale WW11 Films DVD.
(this has Earthstation1.com on the cover).

Star Spangled Rhythm was shown on TV here many years ago and I was fortunate enough to be able to copy this. Susan is her usual gorgeous, magnetic self in a brief appearance.

Trish

Re: Susan Hayward Films On DVD

I would just like to ADD two more Susan films that you can get on DVD. These may have come out just recently and that's why Ginger may have not known about them being released.

They are...DAVID AND BATHSHEBA
VALLEY OF THE DOLLS

Neither are my favorites, but I will surely be getting them to add to the collection.

I am also sooo glad that HEAT OF ANGER is out of VHS, which I haven't seen since it was first on tv.

They have a full list of all of SUSAN HAYWARD films both dvd and vhs on Yahoo. You just have to go to Yahoo and put in her name at the 'search' space at top of page and I was amazed on how much they have on her now. Many search places and a place where people have written in...asking if Susan was in such & such movies
I got a hoot out of that site! BOY! Were they mistaking her for some crazy films, etc.

ALSO..check out the photos on there. Some rare ones that even I had never seen! The only problem is, I couldn't find a way to copy them. I think they have it locked, so you can't get copies. If someone happens to look at this and finds a way of getting them off there PLEASE..let me know. I would love to have some of those pics on my computer.

BE AWARE...that they have made some 'stupid' errors and have some RITA HAYWORTH and even ANN BLYTH pics on there as being SUSAN HAYWARD. Even some just regular people who have put their pics on as being the actress

I have not gone through ALL the places in there, becaus there is a LOT on SUSAN there.

I guess I should have put this part on aa a NEW SUBJECT...iN HOPES that you all look back and find this information on here. If not...I will just put on a subject to tell all of you to look back on this reply...Later..Errol