​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I'll Cry Tomorrow/ Audio CD

I just got the soundtrack for I'll Cry Tomorrow. It has a couple of songs sung by Susan that didn't make it in the film. One is "I'll Cry Tomorrow" and the other is "Sitting on Top of the World". Cool packaging too. If you don't have it and you are looking for something new from Susan, this is pretty good.
Hope all you lovely Susan fans are enjoying the holiday season.

Re: I'll Cry Tomorrow/ Audio CD

Christina, I have that soundtrack and those are nice recordings. It's a treat listening to Susan sing although, personally, I wish Lillian Roth's voice had been used in the film with Susan miming as she did in With A Song In My Heart.

Re: Re: I'll Cry Tomorrow/ Audio CD

I for one am so pleased Susan did get to sing the songs in I'll Cry Tomorrow or we would all have been deprived of the pleasure of actually hearing her sing.

This is a wonderful cd which I play whenever I can and in so doing, transport myself back to seeing Susan on the big screen. I really love her singing Just One of Those Things and I still have the 78 disc where she sings I'll Cry Tomorrow on the reverse side.
The other songs from the film I have on a 45 disc - both so well worn that they would be virtually unplayable!! Hooray for modern technology.

Trish

Re: Re: Re: I'll Cry Tomorrow/ Audio CD

It really is a treat to hear Susan sing. I like "Sitting on top of the World". Just wish it was longer.

Christina

Re: I'll Cry Tomorrow/ Audio CD

I wish MGM would have not edited the scene when Susan is singing "I'm Sitting on Top of the World" maybe because it was such a short number. I have a collection of scenes from this movie, and there are many scenes that were deleted from the final print.
Probably a time factor!!

Re: Re: I'll Cry Tomorrow/ Audio CD

Hi Ray,
You actually had the scenes that were edited out?

Christina

Re: Re: Re: I'll Cry Tomorrow/ Audio CD

Yes, movie stills, clips that were not shown in the film. They landed on the cutting room floor of MGM.
Sad....some of them were pretty striking.

Re: Re: Re: Re: I'll Cry Tomorrow/ Audio CD

Hopefully those deleted scenes will be shown in the special features whenever the dvd comes out.