​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NEW SUSAN DVD RELEASE

"Canyon Passage," starring Susan and Dana Andrews, has just been released in a DVD-packaged set of notable westerns. Check out The New York Times online column "Critic's Choice: DVDs" to read great review of film and to see full-color shot of Susan and Dana Andrews.

I don't believe I have ever seen this film, so I will be eager to view it.

Hope I can hang on until "I'll Cry Tomorrow" is released. Ha.

Re: NEW SUSAN DVD RELEASE

Hi Jill.. thanks for the tip! Canyon Passage is a nice film. Susan is beautiful as usual and I always thought she and Dana Andrews worked well together. The film also stars Hoagy Carmicahel, the wonderful songwriter, singer, actor ( and also a lawyer, if you can believe it!)who sings every so often throughout the film.

Re: Re: NEW SUSAN DVD RELEASE

Hi Ginger:

Nice to hear from you. I am always happy to report on anything newsworthy concerning Susan. The reviewer seemed to regard "Canyon Passage" as one of those unique westerns that stood out from the rest in dealing with the settlers and their problems. Do you agree?

Anyway, I am eager to see it. I have always like Dana Andrews, and I can imagine him working very well with Susan.

Jill

Re: Re: Re: NEW SUSAN DVD RELEASE

Thanks for letting us know, Jill. I'll look for it, too. I haven't seen "Canyon Passage" in many years.

Re: Re: Re: Re: NEW SUSAN DVD RELEASE

Thanks for the info. I've never seen that one before.
Looking forward to checking it out. It's always exciting to see a Susan Hayward performance that's new to me.
Christina

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: NEW SUSAN DVD RELEASE

Jill, I'll be honest with you. I haven't seen the movie in a long time and I can't remember what the exact storyline is. I just remember the beautiful scenery, and also the fact that Hayward and Andrews were good together.. and also Hoagy. I think Susan did her own horseback riding in the film, and apparently she was a good rider.

BTW... I heard from a pretty official grapevine that Rawhide will be coming out on video within the next six months.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: NEW SUSAN DVD RELEASE/Rawhide/oops

well, I meant Rawhide on dvd should be coming out within the next 6 months.......