​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ABOUT...TCM...GIVING...SUSAN..."HER OWN DAY".....

Now I know that Robert Osborne always speaks highly of her...each time he introduces one of her films...so I can't see WHY...she has not had her...own day, as others have had.

I do remember that over a month ago, I spent most of the night, up with a lot of pain, so I had TCM on...and they
had...THREE...Susan movies on in a row. But who is going to see them at 3 and 4am...? Not many, unless they have insomnia! They showed I'LL CRY TOMORROW, THE LUSTY MEN and a very, very bad print of SMASH-UP THE STORY OF A WOMAN.

I thought...if this is a tribute to SUSAN...it sure is a rotten time, when we all know that they have MANY of
her films that are in good condition...but seldom shown.

I suppose 'daytime' tributes to stars like...JEAN SIMMONS, CONSTANCE BENNETT, JOHN IRELAND, BRODERICK CRAWFORD, MARJORIE MAIN, BETTY FIELD, BARBARA HALE,
JEANNIE CRAIN, LORETTA YOUNG, CLAUDETTE COLBERT, JOAN FONTAINE (stick woman), ALAN LADD, VERONICA LAKE, BETTY HUTTON, LIZABETH SCOTT..the list goes on and on and some of these actors deserve it...some surely DO NOT. But to pass up a 5 time Oscar nominee and Oscar winner, such as SUSAN HAYWARD...is outrageous!

I wish ALL OF YOU would take the time to..politely write in to TCM and ask them to PLEASE give us a SUSAN HAYWARD DAY...which is well deserved and WELL OVERLOOKED for too long of a time now!

HELL...EVEN ESTHER WILLIAMS and RED SKELTON have had their day. How many times can you 'swim underwater' to music and make...FILM HISTORY! I love ESTHER...but she sure is...NO...SUSAN HAYWARD and doesn't deserve to be reconized as such...until much, much later from stars who were...REAL STARS...like...SUSAN!

I rest my case! If you feel she deserves a SUSAN HAYWARD DAY on TCM...then you will contact them and tell them so!

I DO think that our constant writings to 20TH was a big help in getting them to finally give a release date for WITH A SONG IN MY HEART...so it's only the loyal fans...who can PUSH..to have younger generations find and watch one of the BEST that Hollywood seems to WANT TO IGNORE. ONLY...WE..CAN STOP THAT FROM HAPPENING!!

Off my soap box now...(lol)...Errol

Re: ABOUT...TCM...GIVING...SUSAN..."HER OWN DAY".....

Hi Errol,

I wrote them a few days ago......got no answer yet....

Re: Re: ABOUT...TCM...GIVING...SUSAN..."HER OWN DAY".....

She had her own day last year. It was great. They showed a few rare gems such as The Hairy Ape and Adam Had Four Sons and many more. We are definitely due for another one of those days. I will write in for sure.
Christina