​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ray's Collection/No. 4

Below is no. 4...it's the same as the one above under the title..now I think I've got the collection numbers organized. Isn't this a gorgeous photo of Susan!

ed seeing this photo before.

Re: Ray's Collection/No. 4

This great cover comes from Paris, France. published September 1, 1947. It is a fairly large movie magazine and for being 60 years old, it is in very good condition. There is nothing in the magazine on Susan. Cinevie is France's version of a Hollywood movie magazine like Motion Picture is in the USA. Some feature actors pictured here are Dana Andrews, Robert Ryan, Ann Miller, Tyrone Power, Dorothy Lamour and Bing Crosby are among a few. Some good reading if only I could read French. HA!

Re: Re: Ray's Collection/No. 4

What a wonderful treat looking forward to new pictures of Susan. Thank you so much Ray.

Yes Ginger, this is a gorgeous one of her but did anyone notice it was printed back to front? Silver Screen printed a similar cover just as gorgeous but it was printed the right way round!!

I do love to see the colour pictures, even though the lighting they used back then didn't always show the lustrous copper tones of Susan's hair.

Trish

Re: Re: Re: Ray's Collection/No. 4

Trish you are correct; there was a similar pose of Susan on the Silver Screen, I believe it was on the May 1947 issue and it was reversed. I think the color of many of the foreign magazines are gorgeous, far more supreme then the American magazines. Many of the color covers from Japan are beautiful. You will get to see some of them here. Thanks for your comment.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Ray's Collection/No. 4

Thanks for sharing these fabulous photos!! I've never seen them before, so it is such a treat. She was so beautiful.

Christina

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ray's Collection/No. 4

Hello Christina;

I am so glad you like the photos, it's make me happy also that Susan's fans appreciate them. Thank you.