​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ray's Collection/No. 6

Sultry Susan! Beautiful

Re: Ray's Collection/No. 6

Great shot - really great shot.

Kerry

Re: Re: Ray's Collection/No. 6

I have never seen a picture even vaguely resembling this one - it took my breath away! Absolutely gorgeous.

Would Susan be wearing a dress from "Smash-Up"? Does anyone recognize it as it is difficult to tell being a colour photo.

Trish

Re: Re: Re: Ray's Collection/No. 6

New to me too and magnificent...Thanks again Ray and Ginger for your combined efforts.

only pity is tha shot is reversed but captinning it we can bring back the good position...and hair is too brown,which is of course only a lighting effect.

I know a man who met Susan in person in the late fifties (he was 10 years old then) and he told me he had been fascinated by her copper auburn hair and freckles in true life.....

Re: Re: Re: Re: Ray's Collection/No. 6

Sorry for my typing mistakes:

I meant : only "pity" is that shot is shown reversed but captionning it and flipping it horizontally you can get "the real " Susan...

And Trish i am almost certain rthat Susan is wearing "the 1946 Smash up dress"! :-)

Phil.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ray's Collection/No. 6

Hello, This pose of Susan is out of this world, just beautiful. This magazine comes from Milano, Italy and it came out in July 1948. It is a large magazine and there are articles on Robert Mitchum, Yvonne DeCarlo,
Orson Welles and Ann Blyth. It would have been nice if Susan's red hair was more prominent, but I've noticed this problem with other color photos, some photos that I have her hair actually looks black. It's such a pity, I agree. Trish and Philippe you are both correct, this dress is from "Smash Up." Good job!
Thanks Ginger this looks great! Makes me feel good that I can share these color prints with everyone.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ray's Collection/No. 6

I wish the correctly numbered photos would show up on the replies but for some reason they don't. I hope it doesn't get confusing... Such as we are discussing number 6 and number 7 is showing above.. oh, well, it's in the original post so I guess it's plain enough.

Yes, I remember that Smash-up dress, and didn't it have one of those , darn , I can't remember, it a 40's type headdress/veil.. I think it starts with an "D"..??

HELP ME! LOL