​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Re: A brother?

Did Lillian have a brother? What year did she return to California? Did she have major surgery while in NY in 1958? Thank you for responding.

Re: Re: A brother?

Karen, as far as I know, Lillian Roth did not have a brother. She had one sister, Anne, who is also deceased. As far as your inquiries, I know someone who can answer them and she might be able to answer them here on the message board or either can send an email to me, and I'll post her answer on the board. Thanks.. Ginger

Re: Re: Re: A brother?

I have a letter written to my grandmother January 4, 1958 signed Lillian Roth in which she mentioned she was staying with her sister Mrs. R. Neiberg of Flushing, NY. She also mentioned getting out of the hospital after some sort of surgery in 1957. She was going to go back to L.A., California as soon as she was able. This Ms. Roth was a friend of my Uncle's who was an alchoholic of great proportion. He died in 1959. I am researching this info to verify it is the same Lillian Roth, as I have been told so over the years. Thank you so much for your help. Your web site is wonderful. I have been surfing through it in awe.
Sincerely, Karen

Re: Re: Re: Re: A brother?/a little correction

Karen, I think Lillian's sister spelled her name "Ann".

My friend is going to answer you soon.

Thank you for your nice comments about my website on Susan Hayward.....Ginger

Re: Re: Re: Re: A brother?

I am so sorry to report that the letter you described was not written by our Lillian Roth.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

I have a letter written to my grandmother January 4, 1958 signed Lillian Roth in which she mentioned she was staying with her sister Mrs. R. Neiberg of Flushing, NY. She also mentioned getting out of the hospital after some sort of surgery in 1957. She was going to go back to L.A., California as soon as she was able. This Ms. Roth was a friend of my Uncle's who was an alchoholic of great proportion. He died in 1959. I am researching this info to verify it is the same Lillian Roth, as I have been told so over the years. Thank you so much for your help. Your web site is wonderful. I have been surfing through it in awe.
Sincerely, Karen

Re: Re: A brother?

Lillian had no brother. Her only sibling was her younger sister, Anne.

She did not have any major surgery in 1958.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: A brother?

Hi Julie, I too am disappointed. My brother and I were led to believe the letter was written by The "Lillian Roth" all these years. I will continue my research of who the person was that did write it. Thank you so much for your help. Have you written or compiled a book about your photos? I have enjoyed looking at the collection of the great and wonderful movie stars in their younger years. Brings back memories for me. I was an avid movie goer in my younger years. I now enjoy TCM with Robert Osborne instead of the offerings on the major stations. Again with great appreciation I thank you for responding so quickly.
Sincerely,
Karen