​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Lan Turner's daughter names Susan As one of her Hollywood good friends!

In the new sumptuous coffee table book (400 pages and surely more 2000 photos ,most of them unpublished before, ) on her mother,Lana Turner's Daughter , Cheryl cites Susan Hayward as one of her mother's friends!

I was quite surprised since I have never seen a photo of the both stars together!

Again this book is everything a tribute shoudl be: it is exceptional!

number of photos,anectodes,printing quality both B/W and color shots: a beauty!

Tim (Barker) have a look at it...It should work inspiritional , I am sure about it.

Susan deserves such a volume ,really...it would be fantastic!

Re: Lan Turner's daughter names Susan As one of her Hollywood good friends!

Phillippe:

It sounds like a great book; I'll look for it. And finding that Lana and Susan were friends, as Susie was with Ingrid Bergman -- and probably many others we don't hear about -- puts the lie to her being a cold person who didn't socialize with other actors. Thanks for telling us.

Gloria

My Mom was not a friend of Lana Turner nor did she have a relationship of any kind with Ingrid Bergman. I can remember sitting in a dinner cafe here in L.A. with my mother in the early 70's and Ms. Bergman was seated a few tables away. They did not acknowledge one another.

I do remember friendships with a number of male actors before Eaton entered the picture....

Best,

Tim B.

Re: Re: Lan Turner's daughter names Susan As one of her Hollywood good friends!

Thank you Tim for putting us straight regarding friendships with your mother. There are so many stories told that sometimes it is difficult to know which are true and which are false.

Best Wishes,

Trish

Thanks Tim for your input.

I was just reporting what Cheryl Crane stated in her new sumptuous coffee table book about her mother Lana Turner...

I was surprised myself !

All the best

Phil.

Maybe it is part of the marketing strategy to help sell the book. I used to go to the Luau on Rodeo Drive which was owned by Cheryl's Dad, Steve Crane until it was torn down in the late 70's to make room for an eyesore, tri-story shopping complex.

Tim B.

Re: Lana Turner's daughter names Susan As one of her Hollywood good friends!

Tim, great anecdote thanks..... if you or someone close to you ever decide to create a photo tribute book on Susan , I would be delighted to help you with my Susan portraits collection both in color and B/W if necessary.I have quite a lot of rare and / or unpublished ones especially from the fourties and the fifties .

I am no Lou Valentino though, i'm afraid, :-)...he has an enormous collection of photos on Lana Turner and he contributed a lot of rare material to Cheryl Crane's new book.

But I think other contributors to Ginger's site would also be delighted to assist with great photo material on a photo tribute album on Susan Hayward...

xxx

Phil.

Tim

Yes it is always interesting when books are published about deceased celebrities, as far as the average reader being able to detect the veracity of the content.

Obviously, bios or feature books on living people would tread more carefully (one presumes) due to the fact that the person can openly counter errors, thereby making the entire publication suspect, (not to mention litigation possibilities.)

But often, even when the subject of the material is deceased, as in the Lana Turner case here, and sadly your mother as well, they forget that there are close family, and surviving friends and work colleagues, who would know truth from fiction.

Thanks for your input and clarification.

Kerry

Tim...
I've read that your mom was friendly with Barbara Stanwyck, & that Greta Garbo came to visit her towards the end of Susan's life. Any truth to this? Thanks for responding here, you give some invaluable insight here!

Eh...

Don't know about Greta Garbo, but do know that it was Katherine Hepburn who came and visited her while she was in the final stage of her life...

Best,

Tim B.