​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Susan's "Biography" on TV, March 2

Susan's biography, "The Brooklyn Bombshell," plays twice on Monday, March 2
on the Biography Channel. Check local listings for the time in your area.

Re: Susan's "Biography" on TV, March 2

Amy:

Since I don't have cable, I bought the bio. I couldn't have chosen a better title than "The Brooklyn Bombshell," could you?

Re: Re: Susan's "Biography" on TV, March 2

Yes Gloria, excellent turn of phrase.

Susan's biography has aired under the title of Brooklyn Bombshell in this country too but has also been seen entitled "Sweater Girls" over here. Either way, it is a fabulous programme on our favourite lady.

Trish

Yes, Gloria it's a wonderful turn of phrase. Susan was certainly a Brooklyn
bombshell!

AHHH...How I envy you persons with access to the varied programming available via cable and satellite !

Here I sit in the quaint hills of New Hampshire....with my quaint old-fashioned roof antenna and my even quainter reception of one or two basic channels. Cable doesn't come out into the "wilds", as far out as I live. A satellite dish is futile due to all the tall trees surrounding my home. Reception is thus blocked.

I guess I must buy a dvd of Susan's bio if I wish to see it. Where is the best place to find a new one ?

Best wishes to all, ~ANN~

Ann:

I bought my A&E on Susan Hayward from Amazon.com, but it's a video, not a DVD. However, I didn't care.

DVD....Videotape...I would not care either. If I am lucky enough to find it at Amazon.come too.
Thanks Gloria !

ANN

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Replying to:

Ann:

I bought my A&E on Susan Hayward from Amazon.com, but it's a video, not a DVD. However, I didn't care.

Re: Re: Re: Susan's "Biography" on TV, March 2

I have video copies too of the Biography as I could tape them from the tv when it was shown here in the U.K. about five years ago. I don't have cable tv now but I did then. I love it as there are a couple of sequences with Susan speaking. We don't have enough of that do we? I just wish someone could find a tape of her at the Joey Bishop Show as that would be wonderful to see... and while on the subject... surely someone, somewhere captured her as MAME in Las Vegas?

Trish

Re: Re: Re: Re: Susan's "Biography" on TV, March 2

Trish, YES! I'm waiting for a film or video recording of Joey Bishop and Mame. I think video was pretty new back then, but I'm assuming someone has a video or film copy....maybe someday!

THANKS...for the info!! I will mark my calender NOW...
That way, I may get it recorded and added to the collection.

I keep watching in the two outlets I order from...to see if they will ever put The Joey Bishop Shows on VHS, but so far...no luck. I will keep a keen watch though and let you all know if I see anything on them.

YES...I would LOVE to see the show on vhs..and remember me being backstage while it was being televised. Just as long as they don't put on anything from behind the Green Room that night.
Otherwise, you would see me..and..MY FOOLISH MOUTH.

(Just kidding...Of course there would never be backstage tapes..but had to add that in, since it is a once in a lifetime experience for me!!)