​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Eaton Calkley

Can anyone tell me anything about Susan's husband Eaton Chalkley's first marriage. I think his son died in an auto accident. Didn't he have daughters too? Was his first wife anyone of prominance?

Re: Eaton Calkley

Barb, I haven't read Susan's bios in quite a long time. I don't recall reading about Chalkley's first wife. I think the son who was killed was named Joe, and I believe he was killed in a plane crash. I think Chalkley had a daughter who was actually in a movie with Susan.."Thunder In The Sun", I believe.

Re: Re: Eaton Calkley

Ginger - Thanks for responding. I actually went to high school with his daughter Mary Ellen (MiMi). I know she had a younger sister who was closer to Eaton than MiMi. MiMi actually took her mother's side after the divorce. But no matter, I was always a big fan of Susan Hayward. We (MiMi's classmates) didn't know anything about Eaton until we heard he married Susan. I thought if we could track the first Mrs. Chalkley, we could find MiMi for our class reunions.

Re: Re: Re: Eaton Calkley

That's interesting, Barb. I don't recall ever reading about Mary Ellen, his older daughter.

I believe one of his neices had signed the guestbook on my Susan Hayward site several years ago. I'll see if I can find where she signed and maybe I can get her address email to you if it is still valid.

Eaton was my godfather. My father introduced him to Susan. I'd like to be put in touch with any of their friends and family.

As the legend goes, they were introduced by VF in San Francisco. VF was a mutual friend of Harvey Hester who owned "Aunt Fanny's Cabin" in Atlanta...

PT/ Tim B.