​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
CARROLLTON, GEORGIA - PROCLAMATION

Another precious piece of information has come into my hands as follows :

Office of the Mayor
Carrollton, Georgia
PROCLAMATION

WHEREAS, Academy Award-winning actress Susan Hayward resided in Carrollton for nearly ten years, from 1957 to 1966, and fondly claimed this as her home; and

WHEREAS, Her international acclaim as a Hollywood actress was based on outstanding performances in a series of well known movies climaxing her climb through the ranks; and

WHEREAS, She was nominated for the Academy Award several times before receiving it in 1958 for her portrayal of convicted murderess Barbara Graham in "I Want To Live", and

WHEREAS, Following mer marriage to local businessman, the late Eaton Chalkley, she enjoyed living a more private life in Carrollton and mixing and mingling with the people of the area, and in the process endearing herself to them; and

WHEREAS, She graciously and generously lent her time and talent to fund-raising efforts in behalf of various worthy causes including the Tanner Hospital complex; and

WHEREAS, Miss Hayward and her husband Eaton Chalkley both are buried in Carroll County, north of Carrollton, at the Our Lady of Perpetual Help Catholic Church Cemetery;

NOW, THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED, That this is hereby proclaimed "SUSAN HAYWARD WEEK" in Carrollton in grateful memory of her life and her close relationship with the people of this area.

In witness whereof I have hereunto
set my hand and caused this seal to
be affixed.

Sgd: Franz Stallings (?)
Attest:
Date: June 28, 1989

I thought this copy of a document worthy of inclusion in the site as it certainly entranced me.

Trish

Re: CARROLLTON, GEORGIA - PROCLAMATION

Trish:

What a lovely tribute to Susan (and Eaton as well). I hope her sons were aware of it. Thanks for posting it.

Gloria

Re: CARROLLTON, GEORGIA - PROCLAMATION

I was so happy to read this Honor for our Susan. Thanks Trish so much for informing all of us fans.