​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
When Christina Met Jilly

Christina and I had a great time at the screening of "I'll Cry Tomorrow." It is always exciting to meet someone you only know from the message board,
and Christina did not disappoint. She is a lovely gal and we quickly bonded over Susan. It turns out that we live close to each in West L.A. Who knew!

Prior to the screening, we talked about Susan and how we came to admire her. Christina was so enthusiastic to see the film and her excitement was contagious. Although I had seen the film on the big screen once before, it was quite a long time ago, so I was eager to see it again.

The print shown was not in the greatest condition, but we enjoyed it nonetheless. I never get tired of this movie, and every time I find something new I had not noticed before. And of course, as Christina and I both agreed, Susan should have received the Academy Award for this performance.

Some people in the audience unfortunately started laughing inappropriately in certain spots (I guess they think a woman being slammed against a car is funny), and later I told Christina that was one of the downsides of seeing the film in a theater -- crazy audience members. But eventually these idiots calmed down, as I knew they would, when Susan's mesmerizing performance took hold.

All in all, it was great to share this wonderful film with someone who felt the same way as I did.

Thanks, Christina, for joining me, and I hope we can do it again soon.

Jill

Re: When Christina Met Jilly

Jill, that is really nice that you and Christina got to meet!

Re: When Christina Met Jilly

It was such a pleasure to meet Jill and a thrill to finally see Susan on the big screen in my favorite Susan Hayward film. What a brilliant performance. I had a great day. Thank you, Jill.