​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
SUSAN ON YOUTUBE AGAIN

More good news. On Susan's You Tube site (page 12 at present) is a short video entitled "Oscar Goes to Glenda Jackson" (or similar title.)

Just a couple of fleeting glimpses of Susan with Charlton Heston in her last public performance. She looked simply wonderful in the Nolan Miller green sequined dress. I believe she was buried in this lovely dress. I had never seen this before as it wasn't shown on British Television at the time.
I have been waiting a lot of years to see her even only for a few seconds but she certainly left us in style and what courage she showed in appearing before millions. It was reported that she said - "that's the last time I pull that off!"

Trish

Re: SUSAN ON YOUTUBE AGAIN

Thanks for the info Trish.

I had never seen it.

We still have to get a clip of her entrance to thunderous applause with a part of the audience rising to their feet but it is great to see this last public appearance at last.

To me Susan was still looking spectacular,in spite of her illness....

Thank you, Trish. Susan is simply so precious...I loved it!
Izzy

Trish, I think Susan's appearance at the Oscar's that night is on a video..for the Oscar's that year. I'm almost positive I have seen that. I might even have the video..not sure..you could probably get it from ebay or the internet. It was something like "Oscar's Best Moments.." .. but not sure.. I know I'm not helping much, but I know Susan's presentation to Glenda Jackson is out there somewhere.

I'll check out that youtube.

Oh my, that is a fabulous clip. Thank you, Trish! It's much better and longer than the one I had recalled on the Oscar's Moment's type video.

What I find remarkably heartwarming is the fact that the clip has only been up four days and already been watched by over 1,100 people. Now I am pleased that my "sleuthing" obtains results in finding new information on our favourite lady but obviously, other fans are doing the same and checking out her YouTube site!!

I am hoping to get another video containing ALL colour pictures of Susan up on her site very soon and trust a lot of them will be new to you.

Trish

I left a comment on the Glenda Jackson youtube and mentioned that the real Touch of Class in that clip was Susan Hayward herself. What a remarkable revelation that one can receive when just viewing a few seconds of the clip especially with the knowledge of what she was experiencing...Amazing courage, amazing poise, and amazing class. I just loved her from age 13...don't ask me why, I don't know...just a connection that never went away.

I'll look forward to your new youtube clip, Trish.

Agree absolutely. Considering her condition at the time, she handled that task superbly. Great moment to see. Thanks Trish for the guidance.

I'm so glad they finally put it up! I'll have to take a look myself. I want to see, too, if they have her Oscar acceptance speech from 1959 yet.

Howard
I'm so glad they finally put it up! I'll have to take a look myself. I want to see, too, if they have her Oscar acceptance speech from 1959 yet.

Now I have taken a look, and it's really nothing short of amazing. She looks stunning. You would never have guessed how ill she was by this time.

It only makes me admire the lady more.

I had purposely avoided seeing that video because I knew Susan was very ill at the time. Wow, I'm so glad I read all the comments and saw it. Thank you!

Trish, this is another marvelous find. Doesn't Susan look great and she carried herself so magnificent? By looking at this clip, one would certainly not realize that Susan was ill. She looked stunning, Trish,and her voice sound marvelous> I just can't her out of my mind, this was the last time the public saw her. Standing next to Charlton, Susan looked tiny. She is beautiful right up to the last minute.
Thanks so much Trish.