​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Mom in Kenya 1969 - on Safari...

Betcha' ain't seen these...

http://planettrout.wordpress.com/2010/06/22/the-red-line/

PT/TB

Re: Mom in Kenya 1969 - on Safari...

I am just speechless! Tim,thank you so much!

Tim,

Yes, you're right. I had never seen those pics. They're interesting. Did she actually shoot those animals? Was there a specific reason, such as doing something for the villagers...? Is the gazelle alive or dead? (The one that she's holding its face).

I loved your answers about her enjoying Caesar Salad prepared by you or Curly. You must have good memories.

Thank you again for sharing these little but important details about your mom.

As Charles Dickens' Oliver Twist said to the stern headmaster ' Please Sir, I want some more'.

Thanks enormously for sharing these personal photos Tim. Much appreciated.

Kerry

Izzy,

Yes she shot them...dead as door nails. In this case, all of the game she took was shared with the locals.One either understands the hunting ethic or one (absolutely) does not. When I was growing up on the ranch (not farm) in Carrollton my mother had a RULE..."You shoot it, You eat it"...And so, I did. I hunted until 1984 when I stopped at the request of my son Michael. All of my kids have grown up around firearms. They know how to use them and the also know how to hunt,track,call in,dress and cook fish, fowl and small and large game.They and I choose not to hunt for sport and practice "catch and release" Fly Fishing.I learned this on my own and passed it on to them so that they would be prepared should untoward circumstances present themselves...

There is a picture at the bottom of the sequence of photos of Mom and Ally...it is there for a reason...Either one gets it (absolutely) or one does not...

PT/TB

Tim, I totally get it!

Tim,
Thank you for taking the time to reply to my
comment on your blog;I second Kerry's appeal,"More
please" Was your mom the only woman in that fishing
tournament? Also.I read somewhere that Wm Holden had
invited her to Kenya since he was involved with a
game preserve there. True? Many thanks again.

Elaine,

Yes, she was the only woman/boat owner in that tournament and yes she spent time at Bill Holden's place in Kenya...there is a story that transpired with Holden while she was staying there, which I choose not to go into at this time...it is VERY funny...

PT/TB

Ginger...

I KNOW you do...

Tim

These photos are priceless, reminds me a little when Susan starred in "The Snows of Kilimanjaro", these are certainly a different side of Susan. It sure looks hot there, Susan's face looks sunburn. Thanks Tim for sharing these once in a lifetime photos of your mom.