​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
SUSAN AS A PIN-UP

My new video/slideshow - "SUSAN AS A PIN-UP" is now up and running on YouTube - page 6 on Susan's site at the moment.

Hope you all enjoy this one as much as I love making them!

TRISH

Re: SUSAN AS A PIN-UP

Trish:

I have to admit that pin-ups are not my favorite form of "exposure" for Susan or anyone else, since I consider them exploitative of women.

So you'll understand when I say that I am happy she stopped posing for pin-ups. If she stopped because she too thought them unworthy of her, great. Or maybe she stopped when she started getting better movie roles and didn't think she needed to pose anymore. Whatever the reason, I'm just glad she stopped.

I say this as someone who loves seeing her in anything she does. But she had such depth that pin-ups did not do her inner beauty and strength justice.

Re: SUSAN AS A PIN-UP

I had read in Gene Arceri's bio, BROOKLYNN'S SCARLETT that Susan had just been put under contract when she first got to Hollywood and this was a contract requirement for the new girls; in fact, she was terribly modest and loathed having to make those pix.

Pat McGeorge