​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Susan/tweet

I sent a tweet, today, to TCM asking when they are going to honor Susan Hayward, big time?, and reminded them her birthday is June 30th. Sometimes tweets can be powerful. We can only try.

Re: Susan/tweet

I also sent them a link to my website for Susan.. cross fingers and pray.

Well done. It may get some action which would be great, and there might also be some other Susan aficionardos out there who could have contacted them as well.

Kerry, I just don't understand their knuckleheaded brain block about this matter!!

There is only one problem in doing it this way. You 'have' to send in these 'requests'..months in advance, since they schedule way ahead of time, on what films they will be showing on a certain month.

I have contacted them...months in advance...in the past and it still did no good! At one point, they had a board where you could leave messages for ROBERT OSBORNE and that, I thought, would be the 'best bet' for getting something done. I got response back, on that board, saying...it was probably 'not TMC's fault..that they probably didn't have 'Susan films' in their library. HA!! We all know that is...bull...because they have played her films at various times before and are suppose to have the 'largest' film library of all. This one person, who responded back on that board, said 'poor' TMC had no choice, sometimes and had to 'pay' for the rights to their movies and her films 'were probably not through a film studio they were dealing with'. HA..AGAIN!!, since they show ALL studio films.

NOTHING...has worked on getting her the 'just dues' owed her on this channel, yet they will do 'honors' to everyone from UNA MERKEL to DIANA DORS and on birthdays, have put some pretty 'low actresses' birthday tributes on there.

ROBERT OSBORNE has always talked highly of Susan, in his introducing of films and has even mentioned as her being one of Hollywood's biggest grossing stars for 20th Century Fox..and commented, many times about her, when the film they are showing is to honor 'another star' that is in that film.

I don't know where the problem is...but if we ever get anything done on it, we can't request to have her honored on her birthday..in the middle of the month of her birthday, because they line their calender of films for...months in 'advance'...so it won't happen that way. Wish it did...but it just..don't...

I DON'T KNOW WHY THIS WENT ON LIKE A 'NEW POST'. THIS IS A FOLLOW-UP FROM GINGER'S POST ON JULY 11TH..SORRY FOR THE PROBLEM, BUT LOOK BACK ON GINGER'S ORIGINAL POST ON THIS...