​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
MEMORIES...ON HER BIRTHDAY..>>>

I wish Susan was here with us..in person..to know that we are still remembering her and all that she left behind, of her wonderful talents, that we still can see and share.

I feel she is with 'us'...in spirit and now knows, just how much she influenced our lives (and still does even though she is not here on earth with us)..but 'the feeling' that she still watches down...and smiles..and knows who 'we...her..lifelong friends/fans..are.'

I wrote to Kerry, this week, telling him of a c/d I had ordered. It was an lp recorded by JULIE LONDON in 1958 and Julie, being one of my favorite singers, I just had to get this c/d, since I had never even knew she had recorded it..and I have most all of her albums on c/d.
The c/d is called.."I'LL CRY TOMORROW" and it is the 'best song' on the entire c/d. It is done very lush with full orchestra and lots of violins. Something I think Susan would have approved.

It also brought back memories (as Kerry mentioned when he replied back)...of when JULIE played SUSAN'S younger sister in.."TAPP ROOTS". I have pulled that film out and plan to watch it today, on Susan's birthday.

MAY WE ALL REMEMBER OUR DEAR SUSAN TODAY...
AND..ALWAYS...
Errol

Re: MEMORIES...ON HER BIRTHDAY..>>>

Indeed, Errol, we "stalwarts" will always remember Susan. How can we not? She gave us so many great moments in her films. I too have DVDs of her movies. (In fact, I keep an old 13" TV with the VCR in it just to play old videos of her films!) My regret is that, unlike more recent DVDs, there are usually no extra features from directors and others who have worked with her, telling us some "inside" stories. I look in every book I find on actors and directors, to see if Susan is mentioned. But, obviously, most of those people are gone now, too.

I'll put one of her flicks on today, as I do on other days, and I know there will be some tears. But just seeing her is its own reward, I know you'll agree.

I hope you're well, Errol. Take care.

Gloria

Just a little side note - Tim had mentioned to me previously that Julie London was their neighbor on Longridge.

Julie London is one of my all time favorite singers. Much like Karen Carpenter, her voice was natural and velvet. I never get tired of listening to Julie sing.

I loved Julie London also, Ginger. I think she was married to Jack Webb (Dragnet) for some years, not sure. and I love Julie's hit record. "Cry Me a River"
I think I still have it somewhere.

You are correct Ray. Julie was indeed married to Jack Webb for a time. And yes - 'Cry Me a River' is a standout track.

Yes..Gloria...'we stalwarts'...will keep the 'flame'going!!
I am also surprised (and happy) to know that Susan and Julie were neighbors. I liked them together in 'TAPP ROOTS' and thought Julie was not only a terrific vocalist, but a darn good actress! Thanks, Ginger, for sharing that with us.
ALSO...find many of us seem to really dig the same two 'real redheads'. Sounds like there are some Julie London admirers amongst us too...