​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board: To reach If You Knew Susie by Trish Sharp, click the profile photo at www.facebook.com/susanhaywardclassicfilmstar and you will see the link.

Ginger's Susan Hayward Message Board
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
BROOKLYN'S LEGACY TO US - SUSAN HAYWARD - 30th June 1917

Today we will all be celebrating Susan's 96th Birthday and it seems difficult to realise she would have been that age. Just think of all the films she could have made in her later years. However, we are truly fortunate to have access to all the films she did make and I know you all, like I do, give thanks for having let her into our lives.

I have written another little poem to honour Susan's birthday.

Susan is still weaving her magic
From high in the sky above.
As we talk about her constantly
And think of her with love.

Today would have been her birthday
With all 96 candles glowing
And many of us will be watching her
After deciding which film we'll be showing.

Now will it be "I'll Cry Tomorrow?"
Or maybe "With a Song in My Heart?"
It doesn't matter which we will choose
As we admire her in every part.

Susan was a very special lady
Whom we will always love forever.
She has made a bond between us all
One which we will never sever.

She is in our thoughts so very much
And now we celebrate her Special Day.
"Thank you Ginger" for bringing us together
These are words we are happy to say.

TRISH

Re: BROOKLYN'S LEGACY TO US - SUSAN HAYWARD - 30th June 1917

Thank you again, Trish, for capturing Susan's essence with your poem. You do it with such heart and so beautifully.

xx Lynn

PS I do have one curious question: "Does your love and your familiarity of Susan's life and spirit allow your mind to quickly see and compose the words of these poems? Or do so many connections with her cause you a long period of pondering just what you want to say to express those feelings?"

Thank you for your kind words Lynn.

Regarding your p.s. asking how I come by the poems I write for Susan - I always sit at the computer the night before her birthday or anniversary BUT rarely do I think of anything. It seems like the actual day is easier for me and then it just flows - generally in about fifteen to thirty minutes. I never have any idea of what I am actually going to write.

TRISH

This is truly by far the best poem you have arranged in honor of our Susan. It is so beautiful and done so eloquently. Thanks Trish.

TRISH! Thank you for sharing this tribute that comes straight from your heart. I love that you said that "your thoughts always flow best on Susan's actual birthday." And like Susan, it seems that many here have "a song in their hearts" when celebrating her special day! Thanks so much, Trish, for sharing YOURS.